We're quickly approaching the point where 2000s nostalgia is going to become a big thing

Comments

• I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I have been dreading this for years
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    It's going to be interesting to see how people try to divorce the pop-culture of the time from...y'know, post-9/11 paranoia, the Bush administration, the Iraq War, and other Generally Bad Stuff from that era.

It's going to be interesting to see how people try to divorce the pop-culture of the time from...y'know, post-9/11 paranoia, the Bush administration, the Iraq War, and other Generally Bad Stuff from that era.

that is what i'm getting at
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    One of the weirder things about reading Ozy and Millie in this day and age is that most of the humor is your timeless "a couple kids who are way too smart for the people around them" fare, but every once in a while Dana throws in a joke explicitly aimed at Bush-era politics and it kinda makes me go "oh yeah, that was a thing."
  • kill living beings
    i dunno, worked pretty well for the 80s

how many cartoons had jokes about iran contra
  • edited 2018-02-07 14:13:58
    We can do anything if we do it together.

• It's literally already been happening for abouuuut a year in fashion
  • kill living beings

that's not really nostalgia i don't think, but huhhhhh
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    It's kinda weird how Seth McFarlane kinda gave the best summary of why Oliver North is a monster
  • kill living beings
    yeah that was a solid summary.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    the 00s are still less than ten years gone, you all realize that right?
    well yeah
  • extremely not so but maybe just a tad yes
    Jane said:

aughtscore

on point.

That doesn't stop the nostalgia train.

I was fanning over the '90s in 2007...

same
  • We all know that the 90's ended in 2004. 
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.

that doesn't mean anything

you all get nostalgic for things that happened, like, six months ago
    Toolsie said:

We all know that the 90's ended in 2004. 

maybe for you they did, but for me they ended in 2001
    I see a lot of people point to September 11, 2001 as the end of the cultural '90s, and I can totally see why, but I also feel a lot of the pop cultural stuff I associate most with the 2000s didn't come along until 2002 or 2003...that might just be my personal experience, though.
  • vtkvtk
    embrace the confusion
    In the 2000s, there was a jump from nostalgia for the 70s to nostalgia for the 90s, with 80s stuff just lumped in with the 90s if not skipped altogether. At least, that's what a lot of radio stations seemed to do.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Oh, I would say there was a huge '80s nostalgia boom in music and fashion. It's just that most of that music only occasionally made contact with the charts, and fashion is kind of its own world.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    I'm already nostalgic for the 2000s.  Those were good years.
  • Eh, they weren't that great for me. 

Neither were the 2010's.

In fact, no decade has been good for me.
  • I'm here for the revist of the fashion trends, but it's surreal to see things that were popular when i was in middle/high school cycle back.