Retro Graphics

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    it's beautiful
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Ah ahpprove.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    That dithering is surprisingly effective.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    wine country
  • i haven't made up my mind whether the dithering is effective
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    It was successful at making me see green in the grass, until I zoomed in and saw that it's just black and yellow pixels.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

It was successful at making me see green in the grass, until I zoomed in and saw that it's just black and yellow pixels.

color illusions are wild
  • It was successful at making me see green in the grass, until I zoomed in and saw that it's just black and yellow pixels.

it looks curiously yellow-green
    the green from the windows logo looks more green

also i was making a bad pun
  • kill living beings
    man, wait until you hear how lcd monitors work
  • vtkvtk
    embrace the confusion

I think that's because we are told "grass is green" when it is in fact sometimes rather yellow-ish. Inspecting the RGB values in the true-color Bliss image may help make sense of the situation.
  • vtkvtk
    embrace the confusion
  • vtkvtk
    embrace the confusion

dither dither dither
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.

dither dither dither

• vtkvtk
    embrace the confusion
    Fun with EGA
  • It is the largest planet in the world.
  • vtkvtk
    embrace the confusion
    I think I'm gonna write a program that implements a TeX-like line-breaking algorithm and applies it to text using a proportional font based on the characters my old computer produced in EGA mode (which of course were fixed-width).
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    now I'm wondering if there were any DOS programs that could paint in 350-line mode, using the full 64-color palette. I know there were 256-color VGA paint programs.

NES palette
  • vtkvtk
    embrace the confusion
    lee4hmz said:

now I'm wondering if there were any DOS programs that could paint in 350-line mode, using the full 64-color palette. I know there were 256-color VGA paint programs.

You couldn't use all 64 colors at once in EGA mode, though. Pick any 16