BREAKING NEWS

The letter R was arrested today after an investigation determined it was, in fact, a kanji impersonating a Latin letter.

This leaves the standard English alphabet with 25 letters for the remainder of 2017. On January 1, 2018, the Council of Vowels, led by archvowel E, will convene to appoint a new letter to take R's seat.

For CBA News, I'm Penny Wise.
Tagged:

Comments

• The letter R was arrested today after an investigation determined it was, in fact, a kanji impersonating a Latin letter.

This leaves the standard English alphabet with 25 letters for the remainder of 2017. On January 1, 2018, the Council of Vowels, led by archvowel E, will convene to appoint a new letter to take R's seat.

For CBA News, I'm Penny Wise.

• edited 2017-12-06 02:39:47
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Uppercase was arrested, lowercase is free and is claiming that Uppercase was framed and is innocent.
  • The symbol R was detained today following an investigation that concluded it was, in fact, a kanji imitating a Latin symbol.

This leaves the canonical English alphabet with 25 symbols for the final segment of 2017. On the initial day of 2018, the Council of Vowels, led by E, will convene to appoint a new symbol to take R's seat.
  • kill living beings
    what the fuck bùshǒu does it include? this nonsensical accusation offends me
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I guess it should say "BEAKING NEWS" but that's more Crystal's territory
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    how will we talk like a pirate now?
  • kill living beings

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

The symbol "R" was detained today following an investigation that concluded it was in fact a kanji imitating a Latin symbol.

This leaves the canonical English alphabet with 25 symbols usable in the final segment of 2017. On the initial day of 2018, the Council of Vowels, led by E, will convene to appoint a new symbol to take R's seat.

• I must contemplate if it's so that the council intend to allow Þ back into the alphabet.

In honesty I must say I would find such a move difficult to get. I think Ah has dutifully done its intended functions as a symbol of the English language quite a long time now. It would be odd--is odd now, even--to become used to adjusting one's speech to exclude it. Alas, we must acquiesce to the council's lawmakings. It is a thing beyond the power of folks like you and I to affect.

If we must add a new symbol in place of Ah, my choice would not be Þ (whose full name I must point out, contains the symbol excluded), but instead Ƨ. As a young--by the makeup of the council--symbol, I think Ƨ would add to the council a youthful spunk, and on top of that, he's not simply young, being a symbol-left-over from the days of the Zhuang alphabet.

But as I said, the laws of the alphabetical council exist beyond the ken of simple folk like all of us. I do contemplate how we shall spell the name of this mighty nation now, though. I suppose someone will have to ask the mini-queen.
  • kill living beings
    i have no fucking clue how phonics affect the council bylaws. Mandating that a specific sound be abandoned just cos of one little felony seems like a difficult path to take. Like, since hʊktɑnˈfɑnɪks invaded and set up checkpoints at most of the sibilants, the Vowels lost a lot of influence. People might just neglect a mandate of actual phonic change, which would make the Council come off as pompous bogus shits, which they've gotten enough of back in the 30s with the cot-caught debacle.