The 21-minute-long Frozen short that precedes Coco

Seekingly confirms that real life is now just a giant shitpost

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    ..."now"?
  • I find myself wondering who got fired for that decision

it's weird, I think I've actually seen more advertising for the Olaf bit than Coco itself; kinda reflects poorly on their priorities with this one

and, like, Pixar has a long-standing tradition of putting shorts before its films, but it bewilders me that someone at Disney went "hmm, we've usually gone with a seven-minute runtime here... why not bring that up to 21? it'll be fine, the kids won't care"
  • edited 2017-11-28 18:05:01
    image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    I still think people should stop calling it a short. We don't call every regular cartoon episode a short. :|

Call it a medium. Or a psychic.
  • I don't want fear for a future, that may not even come, to stop me from acting today. -Simon "the Digger" Jiiha
    Nobody actually likes Frozen IIRC

even the kids who liked it are tired of it too

typical capitalism
  • I like that one thing where it's a mashup of "Let It Go" from Frozen and "Let It Go" by A$AP Ferg.
  • Frozen is a pretty good movie.
  • I don't want fear for a future, that may not even come, to stop me from acting today. -Simon "the Digger" Jiiha
    yeah, but disney managed to kill it all by themselves by being overly aggresive with the marketing for it.

• edited 2017-11-28 23:06:26
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Cammy said:

Nobody actually likes Frozen IIRC

Though maybe she's sick of it?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I wouldn't say I'm sick of it, but I'm not obsessed with it like I used to be
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I was already sick of it by the time you watched it, which I feel bad about

Also check that post again
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Aww, you made a custom me emoji!!!

*hugs*
    *hugs*
  • edited 2017-11-28 23:53:15
    is it bad that I thought that Coco referred to the RWBY character

edit: is it bad that my above comment lends credence to the notion that real life is now a giant shitpost?
    well, there's also Coco Bandicoot, and Coco Pommel, and Coco Crisp
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Oh, come on, I was looking forward to Coco. It was all interesting-looking, and they interviewed the voice actor for the main kid on NPR.

Not that I would have seen it in theaters, but still, after commercials and everything, oneight as well show up.to the theater an hour late.

This short had better, like, be 21 minutes of Olaf explaining how to actually end world hunger, cure cancer, and negotiate world peace.
  • I thought the short was okay, but then I never saw Frozen in the first place.

Coco itself was goddamn amazing, even by Pixar standards.  I've been trying to think of another movie I enjoyed as much -- like, ever -- and I'm coming up blank.
    I would have loved to see it if I weren't sour over how the Disney Machine is going to overwrite The Book of Life with it, and how up-their-own-ass Pixar seems to be, and the whole stuff with John Lasseter
  • Don't forget the part where Disney tried to trademark Dia de los Muertos.
    Yes that too
  • BeeBee
    edited 2017-11-29 01:42:15
    Can't (won't) speak for Lasseter.  But Coco has about as much to do with The Book of Life as it does with Guacamelee.  And if being up their own ass is how they make movies like this, shit, gimme a proctologist.  Maybe film needs more people far enough up their ass to find actual substance instead of the usual pop culture diarrhea.
    Well, I will go see it soon