Mystery Science Theater 3000

edited 2015-11-20 06:40:12 in General Media
It's coming back (hopefully for 12 episodes) and it's worth talking about.

I'm a Joel fan myself but that doesn't mean I don't like Mike episodes too. Space Mutiny is one of my favorites.

There's an official stream here with a good chunk of episodes: http://pluto.tv/watch/mst3k

Comments

• We can do anything if we do it together.
    Agreed with you there.

This could go in "General Media", BTW.
  • edited 2015-11-20 00:03:08
    Know your lines? Of course you know your lines! But I don't want to just hear your lines...I wanna hear what's in YOUR SOULS!!
    Oh, whoops. Fixed that.

May as well post the Kickstarter url too: http://www.bringbackmst3k.com
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    I just pledged $10
  • Know your lines? Of course you know your lines! But I don't want to just hear your lines...I wanna hear what's in YOUR SOULS!!
    I'm watching Wild Wild World of Batwoman on the Pluto.tv stream (highly recommended) and what the sweet criminy hell is with this movie
  • edited 2015-11-20 06:39:17
    Know your lines? Of course you know your lines! But I don't want to just hear your lines...I wanna hear what's in YOUR SOULS!!
    I forgot that Red Zone Cuba was batshit ridiculous because Coleman Francis

• “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Zeether said:

I forgot that Red Zone Cuba was batshit ridiculous because Coleman Francis

Apparently it isn't even fun-bad, it's just painfully awful. But MST3K is pretty good at making even wretched shit tolerable, so I dunno. I shall try that episode out sometime.
  • My dreams exceed my real life

Red Zone Cuba is a movie I kind of respect, because even though it's fucking awful, it does draw you into it's moral universe of bad people doing bad things against a shitty grey worthless background that has no redeeming qualities. It's like inept Beckett.

• “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    I can dig that. It's like what a plot-device film in a late-period Ligotti tale would be like—or even an earlier story of his, actually: Something like "Mad Night of Atonement" or "The Cocoons".
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    <ruefully> "Bay of Pigs..."
    "That's what they say every time I go swimming."
  • Know your lines? Of course you know your lines! But I don't want to just hear your lines...I wanna hear what's in YOUR SOULS!!
    I woke up this morning to marching band music from the school I live in close proximity to and of course the first thing I think of is Mr. B Natural...
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    COME ON AND BUY SOME CRAP FROM US
    YOU KNOW THAT YOU WANT TOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    "Knew your father, I did!"
    "Hey, leave my father out of this!"
    I just finished watching the Turkey Day stream and they had one of the most heartfelt things on there. Someone from Freezepop wrote a letter to MST3K when she was young and it was featured on the show, she showed up on the stream and played a ukulele version of the MST3K theme, rewritten to be about bringing it back.

I'm not crying, I just have a piece of the Satellite of Love in my eye...