ZORAK IS BACK BABY

edited 2015-11-14 07:20:25 in General
YEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHH

Comments

• “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    I am glad. Although the clothed dog lady was cute, I find it very hard to read your posts when you're using some of those Cadpig avatars... >~>
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

I am glad. Although the clothed dog lady was cute, I find it very hard to read your posts when you're using some of those Cadpig avatars... >~>

clothed dog lady?

also which of those Cadpigs are you averse to? I know you don't like this one or the one where she has her tongue out...
    Almost all of them, frankly.

Almost all of them, frankly.

aww, why?
    Jane said:

Zorak, aka, Kazor

THE LONE MANTIS OF THE APOCALYPSE
    There was an avatar you used with the Miss Utilis account which was a bit of cute art with a furry chick recently. Lemme find it...
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    for a second i thought this was going to be about the former something awful mod but that guy probably named himself after this guy
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    hay zudak
    Calica said:

for a second i thought this was going to be about the former something awful mod but that guy probably named himself after this guy

it's because SGC2C is great television and if I owned it for real I would campaign for the inclusion of every episode (even those godawful Matt Harrigan ones) in the National Film Registry
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    OH YEAH 

2010 AVATAR TIME
    ^^Brak Show!Zorak seems much meaner than his talk show counterpart
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    SHOW US YOUR GARBAGE
    SHOW US YOUR TRASH
    IF HIPPO LIKES IT
    YOU WIN SOME CASH
    is "hippo" Peter Potamus and is that from a Cartoon Network promo from 1995

Did he get that thing you sent him?

In Cirque du Yogi I decided his usual occupation is to be a deliveryman so as to reference this.

He hasn't actually appeared as one yet - so far, he's been "Mister Supersonic" in a non-canon superhero episode, and he was an HBSPN interviewer in a Laff-a-Lympics episode
    (Yes, both ESPN and HBSPN exist in that universe. It's due to reality-fucking)

There was an avatar you used with the Miss Utilis account which was a bit of cute art with a furry chick recently. Lemme find it...

have you found it?
    I don't remember what avatars I used in 2010

oh wait, Patchouli
  • hmm

I recall that the last avatar I had on TVT was a chick on a segway.

But 2010? Couldn't tell you.

Maybe a walfas Touhou avatar.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    2010 was, what, half a dozen usernames ago for you? :P
    my first Patchoulitar dates from August 2010 so I guess that's about right
    half a decade of Patchouling
  • 2010 was, what, half a dozen usernames ago for you? :P

ha ha ha ha

probably more like 10 or 11.
  • The name changes but Jane remains the same.
    IJBM: all the avatars I used in 2005 are saved as 100x100 because TV Tropes so I basically have to make them again if I wanna use 'em here
    I still have the sources for a lot of mine, and generally made sure to save them if they were, like, MLP screencaps or whatever
    I have sources for pretty much all of my old ones.

Also, looking at the 100 x 100 set pretty much just shows that my younger self had no clue how to edit images
    The thing is, I was very anal about how my avatars displayed on TVT, so I would always resize them to 100x100 myself rather than let the website shrink them.

But I was stupid enough not to keep the source images.
    I find myself wondering what it says about me that I spent much of 2009-10 aspiring to be Veruca Salt.
    can't fight the seether
    You would
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    can't fight the zeether
    It's just funny to me that despite adoring Roald Dahl pretty much ever since I was able to read, I somehow missed the point of the Veruca Salt character so thoroughly that I ended up thinking "It sure would be awesome to be her!" and not "wow, what a greedy little twit."

You know?
  • im not sure how you would do that with just veruca salt but none of the others

though this would explain why u are human garbage that belongs in a garbage dump

im not sure how you would do that with just veruca salt but none of the others

though this would explain why u are human garbage that belongs in a garbage dump

I think part of it is that my family was always relatively poor and so Veruca's life of being rich and basically getting whatever she wants seemed such a stark contrast to the reality I lived in?

Whereas I didn't have any particular interest in watching too much TV or chewing much gum, and I was already a fatty fatgirl.

Why am I putting so much thought into this?
  • i mean like, given the structure of the book the sort of didactic nature of "the bad things happen to the bad kids" is pretty obvious, and catching onto some but not all of it would be kinda odd
    Well like I caught that she was supposed to be a bad kid but I just found myself thinking "well, who wouldn't be like her if they were in that position?"
  • well that's a fair point
    Her Oompa Loompa song in the 1971 movie even points out that her parents are more to blame for the way they raised her than Veruca herself is, which is something the 2005 movie just kinda glosses over

I should probably read the original book again, it's been like 15 years...
  • iunno how much patience i would have for it as an adult tbh
    I still love Matilda as an adult but I think that's because the main character's experience is something I can relate to on a level few other characters reach for me

I didn't have that connection with Charlie, or really any of Dahl's other books, even if I enjoyed them