The Fallen Christmas Tree Saga (2012)

edited 2015-11-13 00:57:36 in General
placeholder because blockquotes don't work in the OP

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    17 December 2012

So because I was woken up after sleeping only 3 hours to pick up a fallen Christmas tree, my body has entered that state where I don't feel tired even though I haven't gotten nearly enough sleep.

Kind of annoying, honestly, because my sleep schedule was actually kinda regular for once until this...

You know, when my dad woke me up to tell me the tree fell over

He was so panicked that I literally thought he was going to tell me the house was on fire

Don't wake a person up in a panic if all you need them to do is hold a Christmas tree while you adjust the stand

Tachyon said:

pine needles everywhere

Indeed. It's like an entire Christmas's worth of needles on the floor at once.

Tachyon said:

And you'll still be feeling them under the soles of your feet by next Thanksgiving.

No.

Pine Needles Are Forever.

Tachyon said:

But is that due to their being replenished every year, or is it the case that they stick around and gradually accumulate?  Given a sufficient length of time, will you be left with a floor covering that consists entirely of pine needles?

In theory, maybe, but in practice it would likely turn into a floor covering made of ashes and caution tape.

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    bump