Idler permits you to choose your own adventure

edited 2012-02-03 08:44:06 in Roleplay & Games
This isn't going to be well thought-out at all, just FYI. It's basically compiled of thoughts that occurred to me on the journey home today; I'm not really sure what the plot even is. That said, let's PONY begin:

Your head is swimming, and the light is too bright. You blink a few times, then manage to pull yourself to a semi-upright position. You seem to have been sleeping on the floor, for whatever reason; specifically, a decent-quality red carpet. You find yourself staring at a table on the far side of the room.

You have absolutely no memories of your own identity.

What do you do?
Tagged:

Comments

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    Walk to the table
  • It's mostly pretty clean, but you notice a notepad on it. There are indents on the top page, the kind made by pressure for someone writing on the page above. However, the page above isn't there, and you can't quite make out what it says using just the imprints. Nevertheless, in a moment of adventure game logic you decide to take the notepad with you.

> Notepad added to inventory.

What now?
  • Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
    Look around for some writing utensil of some sort.
  • edited 2012-02-03 12:05:13
    Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Run around in circles with airplane arms.

DAMMIT NINJA
  • You notice a pen next to the notepad and pick it up. For some reason the
    idea of running in circles with airplane arms springs to mind, but you
    feel that that would be a little too facetious, considering the
    circumstances.

What now?
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Walk to the nearest closed door and listen for anything that might be on the other side.
  • You walk over to a door on the left-hand side of the room and press your ear against it. There doesn't seem to anything out there, though.

What now?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Try the doorknob.
  • You open the door, but only a crack. There seems to be something blocking it on the other side. You can't get it open enough to even see through it properly.

What now?
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Find an axe with which to chop the door down.
  • You look around the room in search of some kind of weapon, but you can't see any. The bare simplicity of the place suggests to you that you're in some kind of hotel. The only really remarkable things are a coin on the floor and some kind of raincoat hanging on the hook by the door.

What now?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Examine coin.
  • edited 2012-02-03 21:34:14
    It's a shiny penny. You decide to pick it up. All the day you'll have good luck, and all that. And, well, you certainly seem to need good luck. You also pocket the pen you picked up earlier.

> Penny added to inventory
    > Pen added to inventory

What now?
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Search the pockets of the raincoat.
  • Opening up the pockets of the raincoat, you discover a wallet, which you flip open. Inside are a bunch of bank notes, a blank white card with a magnetic strip on it, and a driver's licence made out to someone named "Declan Kraft". In his photo, he looks a little sleazy, but maybe that's just your imagination.

> Kraft's wallet added to inventory

What now?
  • Living tissue over endoskeleton.
    Count money.
  • Examine room for windows, air vents, or other apertures.
  • You count the money. You seem to have about $100.

There's a window on the far side of the room. Peeking out, you see a river down below. There aren't any air vents, but there is a door. However, that just leads you to the bathroom.

What now?
  • There are a bunch of cleaning products, as can be expected. There's also a mirror, which you look in. You're pleasantly surprised to see that you're actually pretty attractive. You also notice that you don't seem to have noticeable head wounds, leading you to wonder how exactly you ended up unconscious. You're wearing a crisp shirt and jeans.

What now?

(Note: I've deliberately left the gender of the protagonist ambiguous).
  • They're all pretty generic, though the small can of bleach could probably be taken with you.

> Added bleach to inventory

Suddenly, you hear the phone in the main room ring. Your stomach ties itself in knots; you're not sure you want to know who's on the other end.

What do you do?
  • Pick up the phone, but don't say anything immediately.
  • You pick up the phone, and anxiously press it to your ear.

There's no-one there.

Somehow this just makes you feel worse, and you decide that you really ought to figure out some way out of this room posthaste.
  • Hang up the phone, then attempt to dial 911.
  • The phone has now gone dead.

You start hearing noises out in the hallway. Someone's rattling the door handle, trying to get in. You're very, very scared right now.

What do you do?
    Desperately feel around the walls for any well-hidden secret doors.
  • If that fails to turn up results, look out the window again to see if there's any ledges I could cling to.
  • edited 2012-02-03 22:44:25
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • You can't find any secret doors, so you rush for the window. At this point, whomever's outside is throwing themselves at the door, obviously trying to break it down. You open the window, and notice that there is indeed a thin ledge outside. Taking a deep breath, you climb onto it, shut the window, and slowly, desperately trying not to look down, walk around to the edge, where you won't be visible from the indoors.

Even through the window, you can hear the door shatter. You start praying that the person won't find you, although you have no idea if you even believe in a God.

What do you do now?
  • Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
    Kiss ass goodbye.
  • Look around to see if there are any other windows along the ledge to climb in, or better yet, a ladder down.
  • edited 2012-02-03 23:26:36
  • You sidle around the corner, and spot an outside staircase, probably meant as a fire escape. However, it's a far ways below you. You could try dangling off the ledge to drop down safely, but that might be too dangerous.

What do you do?
  • Check again for any further options. If I find none, try to drop down, and pray I don't go splat.
  • edited 2012-02-03 23:19:33
  • There's a window right next to you leading into another room of the building. You could try prying it open, although you worry that if you do it too loudly, you might alert the intruder.

What do you do?
  • Check to see if the window is locked or just closed.
  • edited 2012-02-03 23:26:08
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • It's locked.

Try to force it open?
  • I might lose my balance.

Try to gauge how far below the staircase is, and if I could survive the fall.

• You could definitely survive it; your main worry is what landing might do to your legs.
  • It's just a room like the one you woke up in. Kinda dusty.
  • edited 2012-02-03 23:42:44
  • You could perhaps use the bedsheets...but that would require breaking into the room to begin with.
  • Are we breaking into the room, then?