Up Up Down Down Down Left Right Left Right B A

edited 2012-02-03 00:51:56 in General Media
...video games! This is the thread for them!

I've gotten back into the habit of playing demos recently. I wish more companies would release demos, but they're probably afraid of the audience wising up.

Take, for example, Asura's Wrath. I'm not big into action games (Jedi Knight was pretty much it for me), but I was really digging the aesthetics and the over-the-topness of Asura's Wrath. Then I played the demo. Hey there, quick-time events! Didn't see you come in...granted, the demo was two boss fights, but it didn't feel like a game. Heck, the QTEs didn't even feel like they were doing anything. I'll go back to admiring the screenshots from afar, thanks. See you in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Ultra Remix, Asura.

The other demo I played today was The Darkness 2. I haven't read the comics or played the first game, but I dig the idea. Reminds me of Spawn, but not as '90s, and with more potential. I should have turned it off the second I saw it had cel-shaded graphics. I don't know if it's a law that all cel-shaded FPSes have to have lazy animation and a puerile sense of humor (Hey, that demon farted, and now he's peeing on a corpse! Neat) but, by God, The Darkness 2 is pushin' that bill through Congress like there's no tomorrow.
Tagged:

Comments

This discussion has been closed.