Writer's block sucks

I'm not sure when the last time I had fun writing was. It was probably prior to this month.

But still, see the title.

Comments

• I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Also, I'm a one-trick pony. I love writing about supernatural shit. Very rarely is anything down to earth.
  • edited 2015-09-25 07:01:05
    Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Some writers have a subject that they really love to write about, there's nothing wrong with that.

Also, "the supernatural" is kind of a broad subject.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    It's so fucking broad.

Are you talking about science fiction? Fantasy? Science fantasy? Speculative fiction? Magical realism?
    In my version of 101 Dalmatians: The Series, Cadpig is half-demon by her father, and as a result of this is something of weirdness magnet. There are also Greek deities and fairies.

The Gratuitous Adventures of Butch & Femme is set in a city on the edge of the River Styx, which is like its mythological counterpart in almost no way but name. (I'm worried about whatever effects becoming submerged into it should have; having it keep its power-granting feels like some sort of cheap/overdone thing. Right now it's more or less healing water, though the river sucks any living thing that becomes submerged in it to its bottom)

Red Barons is currently ill-defined, but takes place about two to three centuries after humanity rendered itself extinct. There is no one dominant species now, but the central characters are pigs.
  • I actually, legitimately, think that Red Barons sounds very interesting.

what little of it you've told us anyhow
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    In the classics, you only get power if you survive. If you don't, you drown, and die. I imagine it's water beyond water, heavier in every shape and form, but still water.

If it just did healing, then Charon the ferryman wouldn't need to drive a boat across it.
    It's possible to get out of the B&F version of Styx, but very, very difficult. You have to be either super-strong or attached to something with a very high tensile strength.

I actually, legitimately, think that Red Barons sounds very interesting.

what little of it you've told us anyhow
    I'm worried it takes its "ironic cute" aspect too unironically...