cow appreciation thread

we appreciate you, cows!
Tagged:

Comments

• Cows are awesome. :)

Moo.
  • kill living beings
    while i am slightly afraid of you, i appreciate what you do for my calcium and beef intakes. also, the ruminant thing is pretty cool.
  • My dreams exceed my real life

“Consider the cows, grazing as you pass by; they do not know what is meant by yesterday or today, they move about, they eat, rest, digest, move about again, and so from morning until night and from day to day, fettered to the moment and its pleasure or displeasure, and thus neither melancholy nor bored.

This is a hard sight for man to see; for he thinks himself better than the animals because he is human, he cannot help envying them their happiness – what they have, a life neither bored nor painful, is precisely what he wants, yet he cannot have it because he refuses to be like an animal.

A human being may well ask the animal: “Why do you not speak to me of your happiness but only stand and gaze at me?” The animal would like to answer, and say, “The reason is I always forget what I was going to say” – but then he forgets that answer too, and stays silent, so that the human being is left wondering.”

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I approve of this thread.

Also, Odradek, where is that quote from?
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Untimely Meditations
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Ah, Nietzsche.

a similar sentiment is expressed here.