In which I post comic pages

Comments

• Hitmen for Destiny owned, and I wish "logic puzzle action set piece" was like an entire genre.
  • kill living beings
    Haven said:

Yeah, although I'm not sure I would actually recommend it to anyone at this point. Maybe it's just because I was expecting it to be as tightly constructed and rigorous as Fleep! was, and that's how it started out, but then...it wasn't.

Something to be said for the exponentially increasing absurdity, though.

it might be more like meanwhile, which is basically wack
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    I started Demon and caught up shortly before the Great Internet Implosion. It was fun and depraved.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    i started Demon but forgot about it and don't remember where I stopped and should probably restart anyways.
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    Odradek said:

Also the way people praise it reminds me of Hitmen For Destiny, which only me and Yarrun have read.

I read part of it. The comic wasn't finished yet; I read the entire archives up to that point and decided the comic wasn't for me.
  • kill living beings
    Futami, Sui. (2010). Sekai Maou. (Comet-Scans, trans.) Somewhere, Tokyo: Houbunsha.
  • rayman said:

demon (above), skin horse, awful hospital

demon's by a published comicker who knows the skin horse artist, skin horse has fanart and stuff, and awful hospital is by noted internet person

I sorta read awful hospital. After the morgue bit, I kind of lost my ability to follow the plot. 

It's...weird. I can't recommend it, i can't say it's bad. I do get the feeling that it's written for an audience that's not me, but that it's very good at writing to that audience.
  • edited 2015-10-18 07:26:38
    kill living beings
    Kemonono. (2009). Negative Twin-Tower! (Unknown translator.) Somewhere, Tokyo: Softbank Creative.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    *unleashes all my femininity*
  • Oh hey, Negative Twin-Tower!. That's a fun little series.
  • kill living beings
    Masayoshi. (2012). Shishunki Bitter Change. (Gospel & World Three, trans.) Misaki-cho, Chiyoda, Tokyo: Holp Shuppan.

i grabbed a 4koma because those are the funny ones, but it's mostly not 4koma, and this series is pretty interesting. the premise is listed as a boy and a girl swap bodies, and i was like, oh, it's that old crap, well why not i'll waste some time, but it turned out to be interesting. they stay like that for years, from elementary school to currently high school (which reminds me a bit of Wandering Son, but only a bit). rather than the "ha ha i have boobs" sorta stuff i was expecting, it's more about kids who now feel a kind of disconnection from society because "it's not their body, i'm just an infiltrating [boy/girl]", which ends up with them kind of treating society as ridiculous (as above). they also extend this to each other's home lives, cos they don't tell their families about it
  • kill living beings
    Aki٭Eda. (2013). Wizard's Soul. (WS Scan, trans.) Shibuya, Tokyo: Media Factory.

Aki Eda is an interesting one. She's done a bunch of tohojin, a few official touhou comics. when she gets published in magazines etc. she's done a lot of romance between sometimes gay adults. and now she is doing a comic about card games.

it's kind of like the stereotypical yugioh in terms of how important the game is to general society, but also not, and i get the sense it might only be portrayed that way because almost everyone playing is a kid and kids have skewed priorities.

anyway, i like the gimmick of this one, which is that the main character only knows how to play in a really annoying style called "permission" that makes basically everyone hate her

also they're playing magic the gathering. like it's exactly the same. her play style is called "mono blue control" in the real world, i am informed.
  • And it definitely makes everyone hate you.
  • kill living beings
    she learned from her mom, who was this 19th century literature style woman with a wasting disease in a hospital, who was very, very, bitter about existence in general. it's awesomelarious
  • kill living beings
    it's not ver funny, but and it will be sunny is real good
  • kill living beings

Akasaka Aka. (2015). Kaguya Wants to be Confessed to: The Geniuses' War of Love and Brains. (Psylocke Scans. trans.) Chiyoda, Tokyo: Shueisha.

romcom personalities  approved by the Tzetze Board Of Approving Romcom Personalities:

• extremely self-confident and competent people, whether this extends to romance or not (✓)
  • edited 2015-11-30 17:50:45
    kill living beings
    Mizukami, Satoshi. (2012). Spirit Circle. (Crunchyroll, trans.) Somewhere, Japan: Shōnen Gahōsha.

this is the best comic i have posted so far
  • kill living beings
    dude understands the universe
  • kill living beings
    imageAsano, Inio. (2015). Monster Girl Recchan. (M3OW, trans.) I don't know who published it or where.

Asano's great of course. Depicting my inner eye
  • you find such cool stuff, this thread is strongly appreciated
  • well

I wasn't planning on going back to sleep anyway
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    when clicking on a Tzetze thread, always brace in case of nightmare fuel

she learned from her mom, who was this 19th century literature style woman with a wasting disease in a hospital, who was very, very, bitter about existence in general. it's awesomelarious

oh hey, someone actually translated the "annoying play style" comic?
  • kill living beings
    that is what the comic is about, yes
    yeah i remember seeing it on tumblr way way back, and that it was untranslated then
  • kill living beings
    Gatou, Shouji. (2014). Amagi Brilliant Park. (Village Idiot, trans.) Tokyo, Japan: Fujimi Shobou.

with this and that one inane made an avatar of, i'm ready to start animesgettingthetarbeatenoutofthembymascots.tumblr.com

Also this is apparently the Full Metal Panic person. How strange. (Not that strange.)
  • kill living beings
    Yoshitomi, Akihito. (2013). School Mermaid. (Seiai, trans.). Chiyoda, Tokyo: Akita Shoten.

It's not in this page, but the way the mermaids swim is neat too.
  • kill living beings
    Itoh, Y., and Satou, D. (2004). Imperial Guards. (M@STER Scans, trans.). Chiyoda, Tokyo: Shueisha.

War Is Hell
  • kill living beings
    imageimagethis is tagged "harem". i am cautiously intrigued.

Minoru, Toyoda. (2011). Takeo-chan Bukkairoku. (Habanero Scans, trans.). Chiyoda, Tokyo: Shogakukan.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    This is both a very Jane-comic and a very me-comic.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Why does this comic have Plot?
  • kill living beings
    MachSpeed said:

Why does this comic have Plot?

• kill living beings
    Helck. (Helck). Helck. (Helck, trans.). Helck: Helck.
    party time
  • PARTY TIME
      PARTY TIME
        PARTY TIME
    The middle panel in the last row: that old dude was so ready for party time.
  • is the whole comic like that

i think i'll read it if so
  • kill living beings
    not all, but a large part
  • edited 2016-01-23 22:58:40
    kill living beings
    Sundberg, M. (2014). Stand Still. Stay Silent. Retrieved from http://www.sssscomic.com/

game of Pandemic got a bit out of hand
  • It looks like Iceland is the new Madagascar.
  • kill living beings
    Plague killed everyone.
  • kill living beings
    This is what it's like for me, taking classes with pre-(med, pharm, vet, anything). Farmers/doctors/non-academic-generality-nerds are not to be underestimated.

Arakawa, Hiromu. (2011). Silver Spoon. (Red Hawk Scans, trans.) Chiyoda, Tokyo: Shogakukan
  • edited 2016-02-26 23:31:43
    kill living beings
    so there's this weird little mini-genre i feel like explaining

this magazine or website or whatever, Alpha Polis, publishes a bunch of comics with the same basic structure. Somebody gets a new life in a fantasy world with knowledge from their previous life, and sets off trying to make a life for themselves as a positive helper kinda person with the help of this boon. The fantasy world is really mechanical and obviously JRPG-based, like to the point of having easy-to-see numerical values for magical aptitude or whatever.

it's kind of weird? this is like half the magazine's content, look at this

ok i don't remember how to spoiler tag

Spoiler:
    In Regards to My Reincarnation as a Slime: 37-year-old gets stabbed by a random killer, wakes up as a Dragon Quest-looking slime that can absorb abilities and scan stuff for information and bla bla

Spirit Migration: Floating ghost thing with no memories but a vocabulary including video games wakes up in a dungeon, can possess animals at will

Reincarnation of a NEET - It Will Be All Out If I Go To Another World: asshole NEET goes out after saving some high schoolers from getting hit by a truck, wakes up as a child and sets off learning swordsmanship and magic

The Mage Will Master Magic Efficiently In His Second Life: master mage gets informed that a new spell has found that he's actually naturally bad at the kind of magic he specializes in, he gets mad and time travels to possess his younger self and try something else

Isekai de Konkatsu Hajimemashita: "Yuka Hasegawa's cheating fiance has broken up with her, and she falls on
    the stairs on her way home after hearing this shocking news. When she
    wakes up, she's in a new fantasy-like world, complete with knights,
    magic and royalty. She decides to become a maid at the nearby castle, in
    order to achieve her new goal of marrying into money. This decision
    kicks off her quirky love story!"

The Reincarnated One Doesn't Want to Cheat: "Mira peacefully resided in a magical world until a blow to the head
    caused her to partially remember her previous life in Japan. The
    protagonists in reincarnation stories always end up having to deal with
    trouble, which is the last thing she wants. Alas what awaited her was
    the selection exam for a magic academy and naturally her special cheat
    ability was discovered then. A fantastical tale of a reincarnated girl who doesn't want any cheats."

E? Heibon Desu yo??: "Yukari was a high-school student when she died in a traffic accident,
    but when she woke up, she had been reincarnated as the daughter of a
    count in another world! But strangely, what was waiting for her was a
    life of poverty, so she decided to make use of the knowledge from her
    previous life."

Re:Monster: "After his unfortunate death, Tomokui Kanata has been reincarnated as a
    member of the weakest race, a goblin named Rou. However, Rou has
    retained his previous life's memories, as well as an ability that allows
    him to gain strength and abilities from eating. He also possesses a
    unique evolutionary tree. Now, Rou has made a promise to himself that
    he would live this life to the fullest. In this alternate world of
    survival of the fittest, events unfold with competent subordinates and
    comrades."

Tsuyokute New Saga: "As Kail's life ebbs away in the Demon King's chamber, he notices a
    strange gem that the Demon King had coveted and approaches this relic to
    grab it; after an intense light glows, he is sent years into the past.
    After recovering from the initial shock, now in his younger body, he
    decides to avoid making the same mistakes of his first time through
    these years and to become stronger."

Ore to Kawazu-san no Isekai Hourouki: "Tarou was just an ordinary university student until a strange old
    magician summoned him to another world. Upon learning that his newly
    acquired magical power is 8 million (8 million more powerful than an
    average magician),"

Sayonara Ryuusei Konnichiwa Jinsei: "The oldest and strongest Dragon grew tired of living choose to die when
    the Heroes come for his life. When the Dragon's soul is waiting to drift
    toward the Sea of Soul, that is when its noticed its has been reborn
    into a Human baby. The Dragon then decide to live it's life as a Human
    to the fullest,"

Shiro no Koukoku Monogatari: "Having lost his money, lover, and future, a man who has given up on
    everything finds himself reincarnated in the kingdom of Altodestenia.
    He, Lectival, has no memories prior to being saved by Meriela, the
    daughter of an aristocrat, and now finds himself rising up to save the
    kingdom in its current crisis."

World Customize Creator: "Tagami Yusuke, led by a mysterious voice, is summoned to another world,
    "Caltsio". He was just a young video-game lover, but Fate decided to
    make him become the "Evil God of Calamity" of this world, obtaining the
    ability to create and customize everything, Customize Creation.

like i know this isn't the place to look for originality, and the panderingness is obvious, but sweet christmas

• My dreams exceed my real life
    So every manga is HPMOR but with more obvious power gaming?
  • kill living beings
    i don't actually know what the premise of HPMOR is, thankfully, but this is definitely a regret and powergaming thing

it's even cross demographics, they got ones with fat nerds, with salarymen, with kids, with students
  • kill living beings
    Matsumoto, Naoya. (2014). Pochi Kuro. (Easy Going Scans, trans.) Chiyoda, Tokyo: Shueisha

Neckless Frankenstein cat's a good wingman.