There is no escape from the Minions™.

Comments

• i honestly dont mind them that much
  • what the fuck is that thing in the middle of the golden arches
  • maple leaf because this is CANADA BITCH
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    naney said:

i honestly dont mind them that much

I don't, either.

I actually think they look kinda cute there, in fact.

It just amused me to see them there.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Minions are obnoxious and ugly and need to go away.
  • edited 2015-07-15 20:01:21
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Crystal said:

Minions are obnoxious and ugly and need to go away.

they'll go away only once Universal stops making so much money off the Despicable Me franchise

I hope for their sake Illumination can come up with something else milkable because I hate seeing them go down the Shrek/Ice Age road
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Guys, can we just not do this for every subpar comedy movie, it's getting old.

The "Guys" in that last sentence refers to the entire internet
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I mind them only insofar as Despicable Me 2 was a big ad for Minion merchandise

Also fuck Comcast
  • Odradek said:

i dont think anyone cares about the minions movie, just the minions
    naney said:

Odradek said:

i dont think anyone cares about the minions movie, just the minions
    People don't care about the Mall Cop franchise, they care about Paul Blart
  • edited 2015-07-15 20:05:27
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Odradek said:

please we're just trying to get the jump on memeing the fuck out of the next comically over-marketed animated movie franchise
  • most of the complaints i saw about mall cop II: cop harder were about the blatant product placement

and also paul not being funny BUT THE POINT IS i think the Minions thing really is more a reaction to the omnipresence of said yellow sentient twinkies due to the huge-ass marketing budget thing thing has than anything having to do with the movie

it's like the movie is secondary, which cannot be said for blarp plarp the flarp
  • Anonus said:

Odradek said:

please we're just trying to get the jump on memeing the fuck out of the next comically over-marketed animated movie franchise
    we havent gotten the jump on it this boat has long since sailed
    The omnipresence was why I was amused to see them in that context, yes.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    I disliked them before the movies really took off, so hah. Put that in your pipe and smoke it, Minion-likers.
    How does it feel to be a hipster, Crystal?

If only these people knew that the Minions had the same owners as MSNBC (hell, a fictionalized MSNBC even showed up in the first movie!)
  • edited 2015-07-15 20:13:56
    Munch munch, chomp chomp...

How does it feel to be a hipster, Crystal?

Terrible. Utterly terrible.

^ I want to laugh, so I guess I am.
  • kill living beings
    i lived in a dorm where all the events were minion-themed for a year and that's why i am now a pile of inebriated rage
  • The thing that baffles me the most is that they somehow have an origin story even though it was implied in the original Despicable Me that Gru made them himself.
    Pierre Coffin also incited the wrath of conservatives by saying all Minions were male, because he couldn't imagine women being comical oafs like Minions are.
  • I'd rather see all the Minion franchise in the world instead of Frozen crap. Minions > Anna and Elsa's copy and paste faces
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Tools said:

I'd rather see all the Minion franchise in the world instead of Frozen crap. Minions > Anna and Elsa's copy and paste faces

But Minions doesn't have potential for incest shipping! Think of the children, Tools!
  • *shudders*

ewwww
  • I have cut a caper with the dancing mad god
    naney said:

I also didn't really notice them all that much until people started complaining about them just recently, to be entirely honest. It seems like an overreaction in most cases. 
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    naney said:

i wouldn't mind them that much if i didn't have to see a giant image of minion butts on the side of a skyscraper every time i took the bus to campus these past few weeks
    Sometimes I envy that you live in the heart of Showbiz

naney said:

I also didn't really notice them all that much until people started complaining about them just recently, to be entirely honest. It seems like an overreaction in most cases. 
    again, I'm not really annoyed by it

I'm just amused by the omnipresence more than anything.
    Anonus said:

it mostly means regret that i didn't try to ruin a scene they were shooting for paul blart 2
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Calica said:

Anonus said:

it mostly means regret that i didn't try to ruin a scene they were shooting for paul blart 2
    Can you really ruin that which is already ruined?
  • is that an actual lyric if so I need to hear this song asap

Calica said:

Anonus said:

Can you really ruin that which is already ruined?
    arguably i really mean un-ruin, but i was stopped by someone while walking home from chipotle so that i wouldn't be in the shot and i listened instead of trying to fuck with the shot
  • naney said:

is that an actual lyric if so I need to hear this song asap

I may have slightly botched the phrasing but it definitely is. Let me look it up bc I know the album but forget the specific song
  • edited 2015-07-15 23:30:22
    kill living beings

Odradek said:

6000 years

If you're going to mock us, do it properly
    ussher was a well known mother fucker and i do not accept his bullshit chronology

three thousand years or nothing, evolutionist
  • naney said:

i think the Minions thing really is more a reaction to the omnipresence of said yellow sentient twinkies due to the huge-ass marketing budget thing thing has than anything having to do with the movie

it's like the movie is secondary, which cannot be said for blarp plarp the flarp
    this is it tbh

i have nothing against minions but more against how their marketing department decided to make them A Thing by plastering them over absolutely everything constantly

its annoying when anything becomes that ubiquitous but itwas particularly grating with minions because itfeels like their popularity only came about because of their ubiquity rather than the other way around which would at least feel slightly 'genuine'

they're like the normie equivalent of a forced meme and i cant believe i just typed that sentence lmao
    The Minions existed originally as "toyetic" characters anyway, I think, so...
    (yeah I was a Minion-hater all the way back in 2013!)
  • Anonus said:

The Minions existed originally as "toyetic" characters anyway, I think, so...

what on earth does that even mean
    Devised to look appealing in merchandising.
    I can tell you that the execs at Warner Bros., when the studio was making Superman: The Animated Series, tried to get Bruce Timm and co. to give Superman a car, so that WB could license this car out to toymakers. The car didn't make it into the finished show.
  • edited 2015-07-16 01:45:15
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    IIRC they were like "What does Superman need with a car? he can fly! also stop trying to turn all your characters into Batman, DC, it's making you look silly"
    Anonus said:

I can tell you that the execs at Warner Bros., when the studio was making Superman: The Animated Series, tried to get Bruce Timm and co. to give Superman a car, so that WB could license this car out to toymakers. The car didn't make it into the finished show.

lee4hmz said:

IIRC they were like "What does Superman need with a car? he can fly! also stop trying to turn all your characters into Batman, DC, it's making you look silly"

Well
    leopardon is responsible for all the mecha in super sentai (and thus power rangers)