The Terraria Server of The Heapers' Hangout Forum

I was thinking maybe we should set one up.

Some things to think about:

• Crimson or Corruption?
  • PVP: Y/N?
  • Hardmode: When and how?
  • Expert Mode: Yes or no?
  • Housing: community or individual?
so ye

think on it

Comments

• I might actually start playing 1.3 in response to this, if this were set up.

I think that letting people build wherever, but just having one coordinated location for all NPCs would be nice.

Not hardmode.  At least not anytime soon.  I'll be making a new character, likely going between my world and this one.

I don't know what expert mode is but I am going to say no.

Either crimson or corruption is fine.

PVP could be done for limited-time, scheduled, and announced events, but only with the consent of the participants.  Rules and maybe an arena could be set up for that.
  • Also, who's hosting it?

I can certainly ask UE about it.  It's something I mentioned to him a long, long time ago.

Also, whoever's hosting probably needs the server tools like being able to roll back changes in case nasty things occur (e.g. griefing by building destruction or other nonsense).  I don't know whether these come with the default server package.
  • I don't know how hard hosting is now that the MP is integrated with SteamWorks.

If it's easy I can do it.
  • FYI it is sold on GOG too and presumably the GOG version doesn't have SteamWorks.  Dunno who that applies to but it could be a thing.

Also, I was thinking of a persistent multiplayer world that people could sign into anytime, which I'm not sure will work if the host signs out.
  • FYI it is sold on GOG too and presumably the GOG version doesn't have SteamWorks.  Dunno who that applies to but it could be a thing.

Also, I was thinking of a persistent multiplayer world that people could sign into anytime, which I'm not sure will work if the host signs out.

do any of us have the GOG version?
  • edited 2015-07-09 10:02:37
    Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    I should install Terraria sometime. Mine is Steam.