• "I've been inside all day."

• "I've never deliberately made anyone's day worse, though."

• "I've said something contentious again." I actually just
        remembered that I do have a sort of roundabout way to get any payment
        you'd send me."

• "I'm a subscriber to the associated subreddit), but that's on hiatus."

• "I've had Tiny Planet maybe a dozen times since the game came out)."

• "I've ever read in an interview."

• "i'm a gamer before anything else" racist fedorabro nonsense, which is sad."

• "I've wanted to do that too, but I don't know."

• "I've never seen a rocket launcher in person so I guess I wouldn't know."

• "I've ever seen on this sub but I'm so invested in this suddenly and have no idea why."

• "I've heard second- and third-hand of the dude's behavior seems to suggest he has *some kind of issue, whatever that might be."*

pllllph
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    CatPlanetCutiesBanner.jpg
  • Panurge said:

i might have to watch this

i will of course regret it immediately
    It's a terrible show.
  • i can tell u_u
    i can tell u_u

Here, watch a nerd on the internet enjoying it.
  • Panurge said:

all i know about this show is that it has one possibly worthwhile character

Panurge said:

all i know about this show is that it has one possibly worthwhile character
    Yeah I got that from the review by ultra-nerd.
  • is it the glasses girl?
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Lemme guess...there's more catgirls in this where that one came from (harem comedies: the anime equivalent of the Dumpy Guy Hot Wife sitcom :P)
  • She’s as frisky as she is curvy – and kitty wants to play! The flirty fun begins when nice guy Kio has a close encounter with a sexy, alien cat-girl named Eris. She’s every nerd’s fantasy come true, and she and her fellow intergalactic felines are setting up base in Kio’s house. Unfortunately, Kio doesn’t have a lot of time for heavy petting. Secret agencies and enemy dog-aliens are sniffing around, hoping to get their paws on his pussycat pal’s tail! The guy’s definitely got his hands full – but with Eris jumping in his lap to purr in his ear, it’s likely Kio will land on his feet!

c'mon with a description like this how can it be anything other than great?
  • I have cut a caper with the dancing mad god
    Eris is the name of a genus of jumping spiders. Hashtag two worlds collide
  • Update on Cat Planet Cuties: It is surprisingly not terrible for what it is.

That's not to say that it is good, but it is frequently amusing (i think a good deal of this has to do with the people doing the dubbing not taking it very seriously at all, seriously you have to see the bit with the beer-swilling uncle) and it does deliver on the "cat lady with large boobs and bad puns" front so you cant fault it for that. plus: the main character isnt a huge pervy douchebag! hooray!

bad points: the dialogue is consistently awkward and corny (often in a risible way, though how intentional this is is a bit unclear), and the character designs are generic as fuck
  • also: THE SHITTIEST EXPO DUMPS EVER

AGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH
  • "kyo, you're way too young for this! you're still in high school! if you've got a thing for furries then wait until you're an adult to indulge it!"

greatest lines in anime history
  • and they just name dropped koyanisquatsi and gaia symphony?

that was... unexpected
  • and then the awkward schoolgirl is an assassin!

god this show is so contrived and dumb i love it
  • YO SHE JUST DID THE AWKWARDEST EXPO DUMP OF ALL TIME IN THAT COLD BLOODED MURDER GIRL VOICE AND THEN JUST POINT BLANK BLEW THE CHAUFFEUR'S BRAINS OUT FOR JUST ABOUT NO REASON
  • oh actually she spared him

"i was just joking"

boss ass bitch
  • shout out to the texas CIA agent babe with the A&W root beer
  • ok, what does the drunkard uncle actually do? why does he have a gun? why was he following them? i'm legit intrigued
  • naney said:

"kyo, you're way too young for this! you're still in high school! if you've got a thing for furries then wait until you're an adult to indulge it!"

greatest lines in anime history

do they mean actual furries or just people in costumes
    It is so weird to me that you as a gay guy are watching an anime designed for straight dudes to fap to just because it has kitty cats in it.

I'm not judging.
  • KABOOOOOM

and kablooey
  • sneaking around in a cardboard box to avoid detection

outlaw alien dogs working with the CIA
  • edited 2015-04-10 23:56:37
    BEWARE OF GRRL!
    Panurge said:

It is so weird to me that you as a gay guy are watching an anime designed for straight dudes to fap to just because it has kitty cats in it.

I'm not judging.
    centie started reading Heavenly Nostrils entirely because it had a unicorn in it
    Well yes, but that has virtues other than unicorns.
  • true
  • first off im bi secondly this show is actually pretty good as "comedies" for straight dudes to fap to go

mainly because it has a functional (if unremarkable) plot going on and it actually manages to be funny fairly often
  • Like, one of the groups that wants to do away with teh cat lady is a secret society that doesn't want mankind's first contact with an alien race to be with something that "not even trekkies would take seriously"
    naney said:

first off im bi secondly this show is actually pretty good as "comedies" for straight dudes to fap to go

mainly because it has a functional (if unremarkable) plot going on and it actually manages to be funny fairly often

Huh, I did not know the first fact. I apologize.
  • edited 2015-04-11 00:18:52

s'ok, i wouldnt expect most people to know

Anyhoo

I have just wrapepd up the second episode and I hereby deem this anime...

ACCEPTABLE

the character designs are boring, the characters themselves are bland, but not heinously unlikeable, the humor is consistently humorous, the sexy scenes are sufficiently sexy whilst not breaking up the flow of things, even though they feel a tad forced, and the more awkward and bad bits seem to be rather self-aware which makes them reasonably tolerable

basically if you are a person who likes cat ladies with large boobs and wants to watch a fluffy comedy in which said large boobled ladies appear you could do a whole helluva lot worse than Cat Planet Cuties, which I hereby grant a tentative 7/10, and I will be keeping up with this show in the future!
  • oh and regarding the action scenes: they are profoundly unremarkable and not funny at all, which is a bit of a disappointment because imho good, funny action scenes can work wonders in a comedy series

like in the devil is a part-timer, which had some of the dopest action scenes i've ever seen in an anime AND featured some genuinely hilarious moments
  • edited 2015-04-11 00:24:31

disclaimer: naney has shit/very lenient taste in anime sometimes and opinions should be taken with a grain of salt yadda-yadda
  • also i did not finish the devil is a part-timer, it seemed to go downhill after the fight between lucifer and satan and i lost interest
  • THAT FIGHT WAS REALLY GOOD THO
  • why cant i stop watching this shitty anime
  • this is all your fault panurge

go

go tend your garden
  • wait no that's pangloss
  • those arent even characters from the same book
  • "he cant love me, ever since I can remember I've had the power to teleport objects within a 50 meter radius"
  • "to boldly go where no sexy alien cat woman from a planet full of sexy alien cat women has gone before"
  • "Underside of Kitten Paw Cult is a large, nearly worldwide cult dedicated to worshiping cat ears and cat tails."
  • so how is glasses girl as a character
  • edited 2015-04-11 05:21:18

Aoi is a shy and kinda emotionally stunted killer, im sure there's a word for that exact archetype but i dont know it.

she's ok? like most of the characters in the show she's painted in broad strokes, but she has some interesting moments that make her seem a bit more 3D than she otherwise would. She has a kinda fun buddy / professional respect thing going on with Manami, nerds out about old samurai movies, and both her "sadistic assassin" and "awkward girl with a crush" modes feel equally genuine.

Manami (the brown haired girl) is a fairly standard tsundere type, not a lot to write home about, aside from her scenes with Aoi.

I like that both of them have actual goals and plans and shit beyond "gonna shag the protagonist", and they definitely kick a helluva lot more ass than he does. (*that said, they both baaarely pass the bechdel test*)

As for the protagonist, he's much more tolerable than protagonists of this sort of show tend to be. He's not a massive pervert, isnt out to shag all of his female friends, and actually treats them like friends as opposed to walking boob objects, including feeling sorry for accidentally endangering Manami and Aoi's careers.

the cat lady... is a bit annoying honestly. veeeery bubbly and naive to a fault. The other catians aren't like that so idk why they sent her as the first contact to a new civilization? she kicks ass tho, so maybe that's why.
  • also apparently there is magic in the show

im in the middle of episode 4 and they just casually dropped that into conversation

it definitely wasnt in the earlier painfully awkward exposition dumps

?????????????
  • and now they are being shot at by neko cultists in maid uniforms
  • so is this show better or worse than lesbears
  • worse definitely
  • the cat cult has millions of dollars and is based off of a luxury liner

meowlentology