So, COSMOPOLITAN MAGAZINE, what's your main method of selling magazines?

edited 2012-01-19 01:25:22 in General
"WELL, Like, we try to make as many SEXUALLY-GEARED LEWD REFERENCES as possible on our front cover. BECAUSE IT'S SO EDGY AND ATTRACTS READERS BECAUSE WE SAY WORDS LIKE SEX AND BOOBS AND SEX AND VAGINA AND SEX AND ORGASM AND SEX AND-"

"That is not enough to sell magazines alone though...what do you offer the reader that would persuade them to buy the magazine?"

Find a nice celebrity who wants to do a few covershots (LIKE 1 or 2 BECAUSE LIKE HELL WE CAN AFFORD TO FILL A BOOK WITH MORE) And then write a nice article, asking them about their lives, any hobbies they like and ALL OF THE NASTY HOT SEX POSITIONS THEY LIKE AND THEIR ORGASM TIMES AND THEIR FAVORITE SEX AND THEIR BOOBS AND THEIR SEX AND SEX-"

"Okay I get it."

"But since interviewing celebrities is expensive and hard, we can only afford an hour or two of their time, so we take a few pictures of them in nice clothing and slap them on the front cover and then we are done! So how's that?"

"That's only 3 - 5 pages of material. What about the rest of the magazine?"

"Ummmm....well remember the SEX AND BOOBS AND ORGASM AND SEX AND BOOBS and stuff we brought up on the cover? We make very long and drawn out articles about the SEX AND BOOBS AND ORGASM AND SEX AND BOOBS. Our writers also make articles about CELEBRITY GOSSIP, and cue in things not mentioned on other magazines that only us figured out about. If that's not enough, we bring up horoscopes."

"In the end, at 1-3 pages an article that you aim for, that leaves 125 empty pages in the magazine left to fill excluding the table of contents."

"Ummm...I don't know, we could advertise 125 pages of products too!"

"....I guess that works"

AND THAT IS HOW COSMOPOLITAN EARNED ITS WAY INTO THE PROFESSIONAL ADMAGAZINE CIRCUIT.
Tagged:

Comments