"Tik Tok"

edited 2012-01-17 00:35:59 in General Media
Jimmy Fallon did a routine in which he claims that you can sing any song over MC Hammer's "U Can't Touch This".

Somehow I'm thinking the equivalent song of the 2000s must be "Tik Tok":

Tagged:

Comments

• The thing is that Dance Pop tends to be strictly 4/4 in easy chord progressions, so almost anything will mash up well.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    I liked this version, myself:

• It's really funny, some of these sons sound so similar they melt together in your head, like "California Girls" and "Tik Tok". Think about them, and try and get them stuck in your head.
  • Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
    Look up Axis of Awesome, Four Chords song.

I'm too lazy to embed it myself.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Every time I would try to sing "California Gurls" (what? It's an easy way to annoy my sister) I would end up singing "Tik Tok" within a couple verses.
  • Exactly. The bridges are almost EXACTLY the same. Seriously, you can DJ this crap in your sleep, almost as bad as Progressive Trance.
  • On the topic of similar songs, sometimes I drift from singing Rihanna's "Where Have You Been" to singing "Turn Me On" by David Guetta and Nicki Minaj.

• THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    "Tik Tok" and "California Gurls" have at least a bit of an excuse for sounding the same (Dr. Luke and Benny Blanco co-wrote and produced both), but still, it's not like dance pop is particularly deep. (I used to get shit for listening to Technotronic 20 years ago or so for exactly the same reason.)
  • Now Technotronic is classic House . Go figure.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Heheheh.
  • And in twenty years this'll be "Classic Second Wave Synthpop" or something.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
  • edited 2012-01-17 20:28:09
    ~*tasteless*~
    大學的年同性戀毛皮

aaaaa
    Tre: The opposite happened with me. I was listening to some Rihanna song (forgot which) and all of sudden I start singing turn me on. >:/

Also "betiking poputok" is awesome.