Disney and Marvel

I don't care about either of them.

Comments

• My dreams exceed my real life
    I hope their union dies in a fiery inferno
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    The Disney and Marvel brands don't mesh well in my mind

There's also the fact that they bought Marvel from a crusty, reclusive, paranoid "financial wizard" who hasn't had his picture taken in 30 years and carries a gun around in public
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    He sounds like a real prize. :P
    I don't know, something tells me that Marvel is kind of a time bomb for Disney and somewhat toxic to them

There are the iconic characters that are most of the reason they wanted to buy it at all, but still...
  • edited 2015-01-01 05:53:23

honestly tho id be super glad if i never heard about either of those brands ever again
    I wouldn't, because Disney is, for better or worse, pivotal to the history of American animation, and they've made some things of which I am fond

Marvel I am less fond of, but I wouldn't want to lose their contributions either
    Also, it's still the anniversary where I am, so:

• the only good disney film is the direct-to-DVD Atlantis sequel
  • edited 2015-01-01 05:59:50
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    I am honestly getting really tired of hearing about either. I mean, I just don't really care.

^ Of course.
    I fell off the Marvel Train several months ago

Sometimes I regret this, but then there are times when I don't
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    I'm pretty sure I hear about these companies in this forum more often than I hear about them in meatspace.
    I was under the impression that normal people loved the MCU
  • edited 2015-01-01 06:31:56

lots of people did watch and enjoy the movies, but that doesnt translate into loving them really
  • they're popcorn action flicks that you see once, think "gee that's nifty" and you get on with your day, they aren't the sort of things that sink in and bring greater insight into your own being or anything like that
  • not to denigrate nifty things of course, nifty things are nifty and i am fond of many of them
  • like me and my folks watched The Avengers over supper, we had fun, poked some fun, and walked away content.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    why did I make this thread

why
  • I have cut a caper with the dancing mad god
    I feel like people enjoy them, certainly. They're all pretty fun movies with some well done action. 

I don't think the average person really thinks much about them outside of when a new one is announced, though. 
  • why did I make this thread

why

new years drunkeness?
    because cats always land on their feet
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I am not drunk and never have been.

Actually it was just Anonus-bait.

I feel like people enjoy them, certainly. They're all pretty fun movies with some well done action. 

I don't think the average person really thinks much about them outside of when a new one is announced, though. 
    maybe my perception is skewed

My mother really likes Thor and there's also the shows on ABC to keep the MCU even more present in the public mind

Also I read a lot of Hollywood trade stuff that treats Marvel as if it is the absolute best thing there is because it makes a lot of money for Disney