Fast Food Places

edited 2012-01-26 21:52:54 in General
They are called chips not french fries motherfucker.
Tagged:

Comments

• ~*tasteless*~
    大學的年同性戀毛皮

aaaaa
    Do you live in the UK? If so, I understand the frustration.
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    Yes I do live in the UK >.>
  • ~*tasteless*~
    大學的年同性戀毛皮

aaaaa
    Soooorrry, didn't know.

I didn't know fast food places in the UK called them french fries. Is it something like McDonalds or Wendy's or something similar?
    McDonalds, Burger King and KFC do IIRC.

I've never seen a Wendys ever.
  • ~*tasteless*~
    大學的年同性戀毛皮

aaaaa
    Okay, that makes slightly more sense.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    "I've never seen a Wendys ever."

That's sad.
    Why so Imi?
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Because it's my favorite fast food place, which has become a little bit of a running gag I guess.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I didn't know that.
  • Wendy's is pretty awesome.

Also, is there a reason that Burger King is called Hungry Jack's or whatever in Australia, or is it just "because Australia"?

• edited 2012-01-15 13:34:04
    Touch the cow. Do it now.
    As Wikipedia has it:

Australia is the only country in which Burger King does not operate under its own name. When the company set about establishing operations down under in 1971, it found that its business name was already trademarked by a takeaway food shop in Adelaide. As a result, Burger King provided the Australian franchisee, Jack Cowin, with a list of possible alternative names derived from pre-existing trademarks already registered by Burger King and its then corporate parent Pillsbury, that could be used to name the Australian restaurants. Cowin selected the "Hungry Jack" brand name, one of Pillsbury's US
    pancake mixture products, and slightly changed the name to a possessive form by adding an apostrophe "s" forming the new name Hungry Jack's.
  • Interesting. Thanks, Imi.

My favorite fast food place is Arby's personally. Dat Arby's sauce.

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I find it amusing that pretty much the first thing The Wendy's Company did after selling Arby's was to move their headquarters back to Ohio.
  • The sadness will last forever.
    Mmmm...Domino's...
  • Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
    Do sub shops count as fast food?

Because then Quizno's is the best fast food ever.
    I liked Quizno's, but all their locations on this side of town closed except for the one in the terminal at Port Columbus, and hell if I'm going to go to the airport to get a sub.
    This thread isn't about places I havent heard of D:

Its about the Bastardisation of the English language D:
  • Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
    But they have Chicken Carbonara~
  • The sadness will last forever.
    Subway!!
  • I like Culvers.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    My wife makes a distinction between "chips" and "fries" 

Fries seem to be what you get from most fast food places, but chips are quite a bit bigger. Usually what we'd call steak fries or wedge cut in the states. 
  • edited 2012-01-15 17:31:17
    The user and all related content has been deleted.