Pinky and the Brain take inspiration from other sources for world domination

edited 2014-12-10 09:28:43 in General
Brain causes a horribleradioactive disaster in the heart of a major city.  Pinky leads teams of schoolchildren who are genetically engineered to be immune to radiation, going on rescue missions to find survivors.

Brain manipulates various governments and scientists into funding research on an alien lifeform.  Pinky leads a successive parade of other alien lifeforms which violently attempt to come into contact with that first one.

Pinky resurrects fleet after fleet of sunken naval vessels, and equips them with weaponry of unearthly power.  One of them, however, escapes and takes a liking to Brain, who uses strategy and diplomacy against them.

Pinky and Brain both escape from home to become politically active concert artists.  Brain hides his identity to prevent people from identifying his connection to certain political forces, while Pinky loses his cute bowtie.

Pinky is an obnoxious high-school student.  Brain narrates his personal account of discovering that Pinky's imagination can change the world.

Comments

• The Melancholy of Pinky & The Brain-brain-brain-brain
  • Brain arrives on Earth to accomplish a high-security mission, but ends up being roped into joining Pinky's club, which is dedicated to wearing sports jackets.
  • Brain heads a counterculture and paramilitary organization.  Pinky joins it one day to find the love of his life.  Brain proceeds to abuse Pinky.
  • Brain loses a device capable of time travel, but is relieved to discover that an idiot like Pinky picked it up.
  • Pinky and the Brain are not allowed to openly question whether they are mouse or human.
  • Brain is a down-on-his-luck musician.  He discovers the terminally-ill but nevertheless very optimistic Pinky, whom he takes care of for the rest of Pinky's days.  The experience inspires Brain.
  • Pinky is assigned the task of managing a crowd of twelve children and young adults in show business.  Brain is his assistant, and eventually decides to manage three of them himself.
  • Brain is a professional.  He goes abroad to meet Pinky, who remembers nothing but turns out to be better than Brain at his line of work.
  • Pinky totally sucks, and is kicked out of Brain's adventuring group.  Pinky then forms his own adventuring group.  They separately enter an immense dungeon.
  • Brain is poor at piloting spacecraft but turns out to be an excellent programmer.  His much more lively best friend, Pinky, rooms with him.
  • Pinky miraculously survives a horrific accident.  Brain inexplicably feels that his destiny is to protect Pinky's girlfriend.
  • Brain repeatedly tempts Pinky with miraculous superpowers.
  • Brain can't stop being in-character.  It turns out this is because Pinky doesn't want to be a parent.
  • edited 2014-12-10 09:57:22
    Scientist Brain and athlete Pinky team up to fight evil -- they have to or else they can't use their superpowers.
  • Pinky commands three children to enter an alternate dimension and do something that only children can do.  Brain does the same with another three children.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    I think so, Brain, but why would a computer let you in if you didn't give a password?
  • Pinky miraculously survives a horrific accident.  Brain inexplicably feels that his destiny is to protect Pinky's girlfriend.

Brain can't stop being in-character.  It turns out this is because Pinky doesn't want to be a parent.

Darnit, I've forgotten what these two are.
  • Brain dies, only to discover himself at the front lines of a war against God, led by Pinky.

Brain can't stop being in-character.  It turns out this is because Pinky doesn't want to be a parent.

Darnit, I've forgotten what these two are.
    Oh, I remember that second one.
     I think so, Brain, but isn't the fruit of the tree of knowledge in the Garden of Eden depicted as an apple because of a medieval pun?

I was going to say this is Guilty Crown but I watched that in late 2015 but posted this in late 2014.

Symphogear doesn't match with the girlfriend thing -- either Tsubasa or Hibiki is Pinky, but if Tsubasa is Pinky, then Tsubasa doesn't have a girlfriend to protect.  If Hibiki is Pinky, then Tsubasa doesn't feel especially connected to Hibiki's girlfriend either.
  • Before I forget the others:

Brain causes a horribleradioactive disaster in the heart of a major city.  Pinky leads teams of schoolchildren who are genetically engineered to be immune to radiation, going on rescue missions to find survivors.

Coppelion

Brain manipulates various governments and scientists into funding research on an alien lifeform.  Pinky leads a successive parade of other alien lifeforms which violently attempt to come into contact with that first one.

Evangelion

Pinky resurrects fleet after fleet of sunken naval vessels, and equips them with weaponry of unearthly power.  One of them, however, escapes and takes a liking to Brain, who uses strategy and diplomacy against them.

Arpeggio

Pinky and Brain both escape from home to become politically active concert artists.  Brain hides his identity to prevent people from identifying his connection to certain political forces, while Pinky loses his cute bowtie.

AKB0048

Pinky is an obnoxious high-school student.  Brain narrates his personal account of discovering that Pinky's imagination can change the world.

(Melancholy of) Haruhi Suzumiya

Brain arrives on Earth to accomplish a high-security mission, but ends up being roped into joining Pinky's club, which is dedicated to wearing sports jackets.

Lagrin

Brain heads a counterculture and paramilitary organization.  Pinky joins it one day to find the love of his life.  Brain proceeds to abuse Pinky.

This is probably Eureka Seven, though if not for the "counterculture" bit it could probably also be Guilty Crown lol.  Or Fractale.

Brain loses a device capable of time travel, but is relieved to discover that an idiot like Pinky picked it up.

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time

Pinky and the Brain are not allowed to openly question whether they are mouse or human.

Time of Eve

Brain is a down-on-his-luck musician.  He discovers the terminally-ill but nevertheless very optimistic Pinky, whom he takes care of for the rest of Pinky's days.  The experience inspires Brain.

The Half-Broken Music Box

Pinky is assigned the task of managing a crowd of twelve children and young adults in show business.  Brain is his assistant, and eventually decides to manage three of them himself.

The iDOLM@STER

Brain is a professional.  He goes abroad to meet Pinky, who remembers nothing but turns out to be better than Brain at his line of work.

Noir

Pinky totally sucks, and is kicked out of Brain's adventuring group.  Pinky then forms his own adventuring group.  They separately enter an immense dungeon.

The Tower of Druaga

Brain is poor at piloting spacecraft but turns out to be an excellent programmer.  His much more lively best friend, Pinky, rooms with him.

Stellvia of the Universe

Brain repeatedly tempts Pinky with miraculous superpowers.

MadoMagi

.hack//SIGN

Scientist Brain and athlete Pinky team up to fight evil -- they have to or else they can't use their superpowers.

Futari wa Precure

Pinky commands three children to enter an alternate dimension and do something that only children can do.  Brain does the same with another three children.

Element Hunters
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Steven of the Universe
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    I got Haruhi and Angel Beats, bizarrely.
  • Brain attempts to commit suicide.  Pinky talks Brain out of suicide by confessing love.  Brain responds by stabbing Pinky through the heart.  Pinky survives, and they gradually discover that both of them are not normal mice.
    I think so, Brain, but what're we going to do with this weird looking mask?