Wow, my school's security sucks.

edited 2012-01-13 12:23:33 in General

So, for the past week, we've been having exams. We take two exams each day, and then school ends at noon, unlike normal where it usually ends at 4:05 PM/16:05.

Today, I only had one exam, 7th. After that was 6th, which for me was lunch (there's two lunch periods at my school, 4th and 6th). Since I didn't have any exams during lunch, I basically had nothing to do. And my school just wouldn't let me leave early.

So, I decided to just walk out of the school. Not sneak out or anything. Just walk out. Normally I needed a note from my parents to do this, but I didn't have anything like that.

Only one teacher actually stopped me. One. She told me that I couldn't wander the hallways as a Sophmore. So I just took a detour and walked out of the side exit. No one else even tried to stop me--there was a campus police car out front but the officers were inside anyway. I just walked out and went to the library, where I'm typing this right now.

....You know, I just remembered that I was supposed to make up a German test during Lunch today >.>

Tagged:

Comments

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    I used to walk out from school for lunch all the time -shrug-
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    It's pretty impossible for schools to monitor every inch and every student unless they have a crazy security budget or fence everyone and look it.

Considering adult to student ratio is got to be like 1:20 at best, that's hardly surprising. 
  • Actually, nearly everyone had left. There was like....30 people in the cafeteria. There's usually ~600~ people in it.

But wouldn't all the teachers and staff be either teaching or staffing?
  • Yeah, they were. But only a few.

Were where the rest? Because "vigilantly patrolling the halls" doesn't sounds like it was on their list of priorities. 
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Maybe they don't care about you.
  • edited 2012-01-13 13:19:01
    READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

An entire school staffed by Yukaris!
  • "Maybe they don't care about you."

Eh, I'm not bragging about getting out, but I thought they would give a LITTLE more of a shit about someone just up-and-leaving.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    Do they know where you are going?
  • LWLW
    edited 2012-01-14 15:18:05

Whale has a good point I think, unless a teacher actually sees you leave campus, he or she could probably just assume you had somewhere to go.

I figure that the incentives are just not there for teachers. I mean, if a student cuts class and no teachers go out of their way to stop him or her, it seems like the kid is the only one who could potentially get blamed for it. Plus, in this instance, no one was actually skipping class so there are probably even fewer incentives for a teacher to be on guard about this kind of thing. Not that I am endorsing this kind of thing, but I can kind of see why teachers might not care much.