CA Marketplace

edited 2011-03-15 22:11:52 in General
So, then...late last year, we opened a CA Marketplace grocery store in a portion of the former Meijer store on Brice Rd. Then, earlier this winter, CA Marketplace Stores acquired The Andersons, a local hypermarket chain.

The problem with this was that one of the six or so Andersons locations happened to be just a few blocks from the Brice Road CA Marketplace.

As a result, we renovated and expanded the CA Marketplace in the former Meijer to move in the general merchandise section from the Andersons store. We've been operating this combined store under both the CA Marketplace and Andersons brands (like a Combination Pizza Hut and Taco Bell), but have been considering renaming it as a new chain called T & H Supermart.

(Bonus points for anyone who remembers the old Meijer logo in that picture.)

Comments

• I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    *obtains bonus points*
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I should have known better then to try and out-logo you.

Though I noticed today that the local Meijer still has that logo on a few of their cart corrals. (They've pretty much erased it from existence everywhere else.)
  • edited 2012-01-10 03:16:10
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    CA Marketplace to expand into broadcasting

10 January 2012

COLUMBUS—Grocery store and retail giant CA Marketplace may soon expand into a new market: broadcasting. "It doesn't really make business sense," said CA Marketplace corporate princess Central Avenue. "But the idea of a company that started with something silly like grocery stores owning all these other random unrelated businesses is humorous, so why the hell not."

CA Marketplace is expected to being its broadcasting venture by purchasing ABC affiliates across the country. When asked which stations the company is looking to purchase, Avenue said "How the fuck should I know? I'm just going to ask my boyfriend what he thinks I should buy."
    Ooh, perfect.

...buy KDNL and invest in it. Sinclair doesn't seem interested!
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    IMIPOLEX INC. TO BULLDOZE TV STATIONS, REPLACE WITH MINI-GOLF COURSES
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    NO! Leave the TV stations, but do the mini-golf courses inside the buildings!
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Brilliant, why didn't I think of that?
  • But you'll have to find a way to get bulldozers inside the buildings then.

CA Marketplace is expected to being its broadcasting venture by purchasing ABC affiliates across the country. When asked which stations the company is looking to purchase, Avenue said "How the fuck should I know? I'm just going to ask my boyfriend what he thinks I should buy."

I'm sure this violates some law against PONY insider trading.
  • edited 2012-01-10 19:30:07
    ~*tasteless*~
    大學的年同性戀毛皮

aaaaa
    CA Marketplace showed up in my dream which means I now own 80% of it because that's totally how this works right
    No. Central Avenue owns 100% of CA Marketplace. I think.
  • ~*tasteless*~
    大學的年同性戀毛皮

aaaaa
    Oh.

Can I at least have a free t-shirt?