HH Path of Exile Guild?

edited 2014-09-21 21:08:19 in General
Path of Exile is a free Diablolike game, you can read more about it here, as the game's systems are a bit too complex for me to describe at length here, but the short version is that it's a hack n' slash game where the usual skill tree is replaced with something called the Skill Gem system (wherein skills drop/are rewarded as items) and the Passives Tree, which provides passive skills and is the same for all characters.

I was wondering if anyone wanted to form a party, I've been meaning to play through the game with friends, but most of mine don't play the game. Our short term goal is to clear the game in Normal difficulty in the current league, longterm stuff we can sort out later.

If you're interested, please let me know, and also what class you'd like to play.
Tagged:

Comments

• Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    For the record, your Youtube link directs me to Caipirinha. I've had this installed for a long time but haven't ever gotten around to it. I'm interested, but think my participation would be sporadic. Also I'd like to be a Witch because ranged magical attacks are fun, and melee is middling, while the Ranger is outright boring.
  • That should be fixed now, that was supposed to be a link to Grinding Gears' PoE homepage.

Anyway, that's fine, we'll work out when sessions are once we have like, three or four people.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Also I've already made a Witch, and am looking up various builds, and whatnot. Trying to get used to it before anything gets worked in (if at all? I wouldn't mind playing with only one other person, personally).
  • I'm not a super skilled player so I don't usually plan out builds beforehand, I just save up a couple passive skill points and build around whatever gems I find early on, and then narrow into that from there, which usually ends me up with builds that are not super ideal, but work.

But I do want at least three people total, if you've only got two the bonus XP/Item Rarity isn't meaningful as I understand it.
  • edited 2014-09-21 22:32:10
    Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    I'm not very skilled either, though I am familiar with MMORPGs and their mechanics, even if I haven't played that many (and if they're all different). Plus I just like planning, and would rather not build an inefficient character (at least for what I like).

Fair enough on the people, though.

Apparently there are multiple guides for Summoner Witch builds. Oh man. Other sources for newbies also basically say to "Try and fail with your first character, then work on perfection" so I guess I'll go do that. Creating a build I like would be easier if I actually had any familiarity with Path of Exile, anyway.