I had something to say.

edited 2012-01-05 22:24:04 in General
But I forgot what it was. By the way since when did we have a Meta Catagory? Anyway, I had so  meth ing to say b8ut by the time I got here I completely forgot what it was. Now it's bugging the crap out of me because I think I really needed to say it for the sake of some degree of mental stability.
Tagged:

Comments

• I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Since yesterday. I added it to the rules thread.
  • Wow I have been gone for a lo ng time. What's up Anon?
    Nothing much, I guess.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Same old shit(posting).
  • Well no news is good news. I'm frustrated because I do n't havce access to my no rmal email client and I need ot keep up wiht an old friend of mine for the fear of losing contact again. need to t needing to revert to the backup and if I can't I need to figure out if I can at least salvage it.
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    Why has the rules been changed on April Fools Day? oO
    It's the US date convention.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    He knows that. He's just trolling us Yanks. :P
  • edited 2012-01-06 17:12:38
    Let me tell you. About Fallen London.
    He's yanking our chain?
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    Actually, I wasn't sure if you met the 4th of Jan or April Fools Day
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    FWIW, I personally think DD/MM/YY format makes more sense--it's in order of smallest unit to largest unit, after all--but I end up using MM/DD/YY most of the time because that's the most common practice in the US and I don't want to confuse people.

(I do tend to use "6 January 2012" instead of "January 6, 2012" whenever I can, though.)
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    I used DD/MM/YY in my notes in stuff, but MM/DD/YY if I'm filling something out.
  • edited 2012-01-07 06:12:23
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    I keep misreading MM/DD/YY dates because nobody uses them here.  I always notice that there's no such date as the 5th of the 23rd or whatever, but that presumably means there have been times I've misread things like the 01/02 as 02/01 and not noticed the problem.

I use MM/DD/YY on TV Tropes when I remember, DD/MM/YY everywhere else.
    I do the same thing, but you know, the other way around. "19/02/2012? But there's no 19th mon--oh, the 19th of February." I'm sure I've misread some of the ambiguous ones as well.