ProfessorGator's progress journal for Pokémon HeartGold

edited 2014-06-16 11:52:14 in Liveblogs
So since Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire aren't coming out for another 5 and a half months, and I still have pent-up Pokémon excitement, I decided to do something else to pass the time. This something else is to actually finish a game I've started about 5 billion times. Yep, it's HeartGold. Why is HeartGold one word but Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are separate words? Because consistency is for losers, that's why.

Now that that's out of the way, I will say this: I'm going to assume everyone who's taking the time and energy to actually read this thing already knows the plot of the Johto games and doesn't need it recounted for the 5 billionth time. What this is going to be instead is a log of my progress in the game, with some occasional commentary on minor details. That said, let's begin.
Tagged:

Comments

• Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    We begin the game with a mildly annoying reminder that you don't actually get access to the options menu until you go downstairs to see your mother. But once we get it, we're able to set the text speed to fast and make the menu frame purple. These are, of course, the most vitally important things to do with the game.

Also, why did my neighbor's Marill pick my house to play hide-and-seek in? That reminds me... it's too bad Marill isn't Fairy-type yet. That actually made them a bit more interesting to me.

Anyhow, starter time. Guess who I'm going to pick? If you guessed the one that matches my username and avatar, YOU ARE CORRECT AND WIN FABULOUS PRIZES!

Welcome to the team, Jackknife. You have a Hasty nature. This is okay enough for my purposes.
  • Mr. Gator, I would just like you to know that I wanna be in this vidya game. You never let me be a Pokerman.
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Okay, Sadie, you can be a Pokerman. In fact, I have the perfect species for you. The only drawback is we probably aren't going to find one until later on in the game.

Also, it was just now that I noticed it was night in-game. I set my 3DS to the time it should've been in my time zone, so that shouldn't be the case, right? But as it turns out, if I bump my 3DS the wrong way, it resets the time settings to factory default. This is far from the first time this has happened :|

With time set back to the way it should be, we continue on our quest to be given an egg.