Some fantasy magical daydreaming nightdreaming nonsensical imaginary whatnot

edited 2014-06-04 23:17:40 in General
I got up.  Beside my bed was a cup of water.  I drank some.  I walked over to the door of my room.  As I walked, the bed disappeared; the closer I approached the door, the more it turned into a couch with a lamp next to it.  The lamp had a small circular table around its center -- one might call that a waist, but I know not the proper term.

As of this time, it was the middle of the night.  Four in the morning, perhaps?  Or eleven at night.  It wasn't really apparent which.  All that was apparent was that there was just enough moonlight to make out major objects, but not their colors or adornments.

The moonlight varied over time, growing dimmer and brighter in a cyclical fashion.  I walked over toward the window, and as I did so, the couch and lamp turned back into a bed.  Would be interesting if it were a couch, rather than my boring old bed.

A slow but noticeable pattern: something was obscuring the moon, like an eclipse, at regular intervals.  Its period was about a minute or two.

I walked back toward the door, and as I did, the bed turned back into a couch and lamp.  The door was made of oak, by postulate.  I had no way of knowing it was oak.

Beside the door was an oak dresser.  It was also made of oak by postulate.  I opened the top drawer, to find it containing nondescript clothing and a small heart-shaped container.  Inside the container, as I opened it, was a small, lithe loop, made of platinum, by postulate.  It gave off a faint glow.

I took it, closed the container, replaced it in the drawer, and closed the drawer.  Then I opened the door.

My surroundings changed abruptly.  The door was nowhere to be found anymore, nor was its frame or anything connected to my room.  Suddenly, I was standing in the middle of...no platform I could visually discern, though I was clearly standing on a flat surface.  I declined to move.  But my surroundings did.

Against a backdrop of a thickly star-studded sky, a couple comets flew by...upward.  Despite having use of both my eyes, I could not discern its distance from me.  Then a small pattern of stars glistened.  And a white curve began worming its way around the stars, closer to me than the stars.  It stopped as abruptly as it began.

The backdrop began to change color.  From a dark blue, it became a dull red-orange, and then a dull green.  Then the 'lower' part of it (from my perspective) began to change color independently of the 'upper' part.  They began cycling through a pattern of colors -- but they cycled in the exact opposite patterns to each other.  The lower part cycled forward through the rainbow...and did so more and more slowly.  The upper part cycled backward through the rainbow...and did so more and more quickly.  As they did, the stars on each half gradually pulled themselves toward the top and bottom, away from the "equator" from my perspective.

Then it suddenly all went black, for a few seconds.  Then it returned.  Then a few large stars glowed very strongly!...and the scene faded away.

Another scene fades in.  I am on a field of rolling grassy hills.  There is a light breeze and light fog.  This appears to be a location in Europe, by postulate.  I hear a strange melody, and I look in the direction of the melody.  There is a light-skinned girl in a light blue dress and bloomers and sun hat, playing a harmonica...except the melody has the sound of an oboe.  The tree she stands next to begins to grow long paper cards.

The cards descend to the ground, and form columns.  First, steel gray, and then other colors, such as red and green.

I feel a slightly stronger breeze, and look away for a moment.  When I look back, the columns are gone, but the girl and tree are still there.  She continues to play on the harmonica, but now there are two melodies, one played by an oboe and another played by a flute.  The scene fades away.

Another scene fades in.  In an otherwise dark room, two metallic hemispherical constructions, beams of metal studded with gleaming gemstones, rotate above and below me.  They rotate somewhat slowly and in opposite directions, but otherwise do not move.  At one point, they both stop moving.  Then the one on top begins moving by itself, then joined again by the bottom one.  The two spheres begin to rotate independently of each other.  Occasionally, for unknown reasons, I have glimpses of natural sunlight.

[this was vaguely inspired by listening to the first five movements of messiaen's vingt regards sur l'enfant jésus]