A recording of the series premiere of MLP:FIM with the commercials intact

edited 2014-04-28 19:33:28 in General
How valuable would this be? Because I don't have one and kick myself over not getting one (though I did record the first half-hour of The Hub when it launched, I did not think to get MLP:FIM because I was only faintly aware the show existed at the time and did not care about it)

Comments

• like seriously childrens commercials are some of the most annoying, devious, underhanded shit in the universe and preserving them is an act most foul
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    :(
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I disagree, I think it would be a pretty cool novelty to have, some years down the road.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

I disagree, I think it would be a pretty cool novelty to have, some years down the road.

What the Royal Cow said.
  • it is marketing targeted at little developing people with no critical thinking skills aimed at getting them to annoy their parents into buying them things

think about that for a second
  • edited 2014-04-02 21:43:11
    Touch the cow. Do it now.
    It's terrible, but that doesn't mean that having a record of it couldn't be interesting.

It's like footage of Nazi rallies or something: horrible yet we must preserve it
  • edited 2014-04-02 21:43:15
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    ^^Well, yes, I know that's not great, but I still like to save ads
    Also, Naney, remember that MLP:FIM is a whole show based on a toyline...
  • .085 pesos

no, i think it would be 165 rubles.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”

It's terrible, but that doesn't mean that having a record of it couldn't be interesting.

It's like footage of Nazi rallies or something: horrible yet we must preserve it

Hyperbolic, and yet it made me laugh.
    my work is done here
  • at least the nazis looked kinda cool and had homoerotic propaganda posters
    I hate how they ruined the swastika
    That is irritating, although Indians and the Navajo still use it with only the truly clueless complaining...
  • at least the nazis looked kinda cool and had homoerotic propaganda posters

Also, didn't they ban smoking?
  • yeah, hitler said that it was "the wrath of the red man against the white man, vengeance for having been given hard liquor"

which is pretty much the only way i can think of a stance against smoking being reprehensible
  • yeah, hitler said that it was "the wrath of the red man against the white man, vengeance for having been given hard liquor"

which is pretty much the only way i can think of a stance against smoking being reprehensible
    nazis: racist even when they're banning smoking
  • racists kinda remind me of a member of House's diagnostic team; every time they see a problem they relate it to their pet issue
    ...does that make lupus the only thing that they can't blame on Jews?
  • well, lupus is latin for wolf

and wolves are lived on the periphery of european society for centuries and are well known for their eating of christian children

so i'm not saying that jews are in fact werewolves that give people lupus but i'm not denying it either
    you know I have noticed that post-season 2 interest in MLP:FIM's gone down a fair bit here
  • edited 2014-04-03 02:35:26

'prolly because season 3 was a steaming pile of pony shit and most of the cool fanart dried up because a whole bunch of good artists got fed up and left and bronies finally managed to definitively claim the title of "most loathed fandom"

well, lupus is latin for wolf

and wolves are lived on the periphery of european society for centuries and are well known for their eating of christian children

so i'm not saying that jews are in fact werewolves that give people lupus but i'm not denying it either
    So that explains why I like biting things!

Also the shapeshifting on the High Holy Days.
  • edited 2014-04-03 02:39:47

now im imagining some mel brooks werewolf spoof movie
    pony

now im imagining some mel brooks werewolf spoof movie

I think that Polanski's Fearless Vampire Killers already did that, in a form.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    Anonus said:

I hate how they ruined the swastika

DON'T WORRY BECAUSE SOMEONE'S CUTE OC IS BRINGING IT BACK!
    YAY?!

/No seriously. How am I supposed to feel about this?!
  • edited 2014-04-28 18:20:47
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    apathetic, disdainful or amused

take your pick
  • Anonus said:

No seriously. How am I supposed to feel about this?!

I know you're a ponykin or whatever but it's not really that tough a decision

'prolly because season 3 was a steaming pile of pony shit and most of the cool fanart dried up because a whole bunch of good artists got fed up and left and bronies finally managed to definitively claim the title of "most loathed fandom"

There's still some pretty good fan-art. But, I've got derpibooru setup quite well for me and check it constantly, so I see lots of it.

Here's a random pic of Pinkie Pie looking awesome because of reasons.

• imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    S3 had some good episodes

or at least some amusing moments
    Nazi, the Sumerian goddess of social justice

Tachyon said:

take your pick

Probably apathetic if it a wasn't for the fact she's actually popular with artists and I can't figure out if they're being ironic. This is compounded by the fact that they're bronies and there's sort of a tick layer or irony over everything anyhow since we're adults who are into ponies. 

Anonus said:

See above.

Tachyon said:

S3 had some good episodes

or at least some amusing moments

I liked some of the episodes, but it was definitely the weakest season so far. Season 4 has been better, but also has had some of the absolute worse episodes  of the entire series so far.
  • edited 2014-04-28 18:27:10
    i haven't seen S4 so i can't compare the two, but i remember enjoying parts of S3 a good deal

and i could not care less about swastika pony or whatever that's supposed to be
    or brony fanartists for that matter but w/e
  • edited 2014-04-28 18:33:37

Tachyon said:

take your pick

Probably apathetic if it a wasn't for the fact she's actually popular with artists and I can't figure out if they're being ironic. This is compounded by the fact that they're bronies and there's sort of a tick layer or irony over everything anyhow since we're adults who are into ponies. 

Anonus said:

See above.
    I'm gonna chalk this up under "/mlp/ shenanigans"

there's an inside joke of them and /pol/ being secret buttbuddies so that pone's probably the result of that

That could be it. 

I don't hang out on /mlp/, so occasionally their memes make it onto derpibooru and I'm not quite following what's going on.
  • Smee, Maiman, Doktar, Pavelier, Button-Lee, Juan Ovyu
    /mlp/ are the most decent pony fans in the internet
    F
    A
    C
    T
  • edited 2014-04-28 18:42:45
    ..i'm too jaded, fanartists with possible Nazi sympathies is a perfectly reasonable thing to find troubling

the subject of pony fanart with tasteless imagery just seemed like the most inane thing in the world
  • ~*tasteless*~
    大學的年同性戀毛皮

aaaaa
    eh, it's not like they're going to actually do anything or even stand by those beliefs. it's more stupid than troubling imo but whatever

F
    A
    C
    T

I'm just going to respond in true derpibooru fashion here:

derpibooru sounds like an unpleasant place
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    As far as fanart goes, I don't mind stuff like this:

(all credit to Killryde.)
    it's inoffensive

not a fan of how that lens flare looks but that's minor

the characters seem slightly off-model but that could be deliberate
  • edited 2014-04-28 19:27:54
    READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

Tachyon said:

derpibooru sounds like an unpleasant place

You're not getting a very clear picture from this thread. 

It gets a lot of MLP art. No surprise because the idea is it would be the repository for such things. So you get exposed to practically every MLP meme from any source. However, everything is tagged and can be filtered, so you can essentially create whatever experience you want to have by filtering out anything you don't want to see. 

Just like any large community there are trolls and weird stuff, but it's mostly harmless pony art with some pretty excellent offerings.

I find it's rather easy to tailor things so I enjoy spending time on the site.
  • Smee, Maiman, Doktar, Pavelier, Button-Lee, Juan Ovyu

F
    A
    C
    T

I'm just going to respond in true derpibooru fashion here:

It's funny because that image was most likely made in /mlp/

That's quite possible. 

The pony memes and ability for people just to type up whatever means it comes in handy on Derpibooru.

Out of curiosity, would you happen to know if Kwark is as much of a joke over their as he is in Derpibooru (he's a pretty big joke on Derpibooru).