Actual sports thread, because why not?

124»

Comments

• edited 2016-10-26 01:58:49
    Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    Serocco3 said:

First NBA team ever to win the championship after being down 3-1 in the finals

https://twitter.com/T_nels/status/790727737669451777
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Why'd they change it?
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    No idea
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    #8 unc beat #7 louisville handily in the dean dome, thus putting unc in the driver's seat to win the regular season.

but that's not as interesting as the fact that before halftime, the louisville coach got extremely mad at a unc fan for yelling "pitino you suck".  keep in mind that he has been doing this for literal decades, like, since the 70s.  how does he actually get that mad at a mere "you suck", he has definitely heard worse in the way more years since i was born than "you suck"

“It used to be much more so than I think it is now. Now everybody’s has got social media, and we don’t need “The New York Times” to find out what in the dickens is going on in the country. You know, our president tweets out more bull(expletive) than anybody I’ve ever seen. We’ve got social media.

“In the old days, there’s no question it was the media capital of the world, but I’m not sure it is right now. Media capital of the world is sitting right there, right there, right there.

“But it has value. I’m not saying it doesn’t. I don’t think we have to go overboard. If you guys have questions for the players, let them answer them so they can get out of there.”

• THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Calica said:

#8 unc beat #7 louisville handily in the dean dome, thus putting unc in the driver's seat to win the regular season.

but that's not as interesting as the fact that before halftime, the louisville coach got extremely mad at a unc fan for yelling "pitino you suck".  keep in mind that he has been doing this for literal decades, like, since the 70s.  how does he actually get that mad at a mere "you suck", he has definitely heard worse in the way more years since i was born than "you suck"
    "YOU SUCK MCBAIN"

*gets out machine gun*

Has it sunk in that you guys just won a Regional on something like the same play you just lost the National Championship on last year?
    ROY WILLIAMS: “One of the kids said something about that as we were going to the locker room. But he also said something about Kentucky because Malik made that big three when we played Kentucky in Vegas earlier. Same scenario, you think about this. In the Kentucky game, we missed a free throw, and Malik goes down and makes a big one. And we miss the free throw tonight, and they go down and make one another, but we still have time ourselves to get a shot off.

“One of the kids said something about it, and at first I thought he was talking about the National Championship game, and then I started thinking, I didn't know which one he was talking about. And it was one of those great southern expressions, frankly, my dear, I don't give a... I didn't care what he was talking about.”

I don't give a... I didn't care what he was talking about
    grayson "zodiac killer" allen already got into a fight in the nba and the actual nba hasn't even started yet, because of course