Let's Play Yume Nikki

edited 2014-02-13 02:00:36 in Liveblogs
I do video let's plays now. Weird, right?!

enjoy

Comments

• More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    OMG this is literally my favorite game ever
  • Then you have reason to watch the video and put up with my droning, boring commentary!
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    iirc it's "5" that uses active effects; if not then it is one of the number keys.

Thoughts: I think it would have been better if we could hear the game's wonderful ambiance and sound effects; I don't know how easy that is for you? Getting the important effects out of the way early is helpful but you get lost a lot, which is easy in this game. My method of searching the open, repeating worlds is to find landmarks in a line on one axis and then loop around the other axis while going perpendicular in single-screen increments, effectively combing the entirety of the map. This won't work in the desert because the desert has really weird physics. If you are making a series for people with a passing familiarity with this game, I'm hoping you will try to showcase all the things in the game. :o This may require some pre-planning (the wiki is quite helpful here). Each time I do a playthrough, I find new things I didn't know about before. :D
  • Miko said:

iirc it's "5" that uses active effects; if not then it is one of the number keys.

thanks!
    Miko said:

Thoughts: I think it would have been better if we could hear the game's wonderful ambiance and sound effects; I don't know how easy that is for you?

It's actually very easy, I literally just forgot to unmute the game and didn't want to re-record the episode. So sound will be featured next time.
    Miko said:

Getting the important effects out of the way early is helpful but you get lost a lot, which is easy in this game. My method of searching the open, repeating worlds is to find landmarks in a line on one axis and then loop around the other axis while going perpendicular in single-screen increments, effectively combing the entirety of the map. This won't work in the desert because the desert has really weird physics. If you are making a series for people with a passing familiarity with this game, I'm hoping you will try to showcase all the things in the game. :o This may require some pre-planning (the wiki is quite helpful here). Each time I do a playthrough, I find new things I didn't know about before. :D

Yeah I did go into this knowing I wanted to get the bike but not what else to do. I'm going to do a bit more research next time and maybe write a short list to have on hand when I record.
    :D
  • I also plan to show off some more obscure stuff, like Steve.

Everyone loves Steve.
    Steve is a thing I did not know about. ^_^
  • Steve da bes

if you haven't looked it up already I encourage you not to. The surprise is interesting.

• still working out the kinks on the technical side of things (my voice is way too low here), but still, some interesting stuff happens in this episode.

Also am I great at episode titles or what?
    You should get the knife!