Super Bowl XLVIII

edited 2014-02-02 18:44:47 in General
Anonus knows nothing about football but he's rooting for the Broncos because homerism

Comments

• TreTre
    edited 2014-02-02 19:20:30
    Overall I'm not super impressed with the commercials yet, though that might just be because I'm sad for no particular reason

Ehh
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I'm not watching anymore

Denver was playing terribly
  • yeah, I think the Seahawks have this one sealed, as far as pure math is concerned
  • edited 2014-02-02 22:24:20
    READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    I'm not watching, but I'm rooting for the Seahawks. 

Which is good, because this is a pretty lopsided beat-down. 
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    aha

Justice pronounces 'route' to rhyme with 'boot'
  • I pronounce it to rhyme with "boot" when I am indicating a road name; otherwise it rhymes with "out".
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    i pronounce it to rhyme with 'boot' because nobody in Britain pronounces it any other way
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    I've heard people argue that it's "boot" when it's route but "rout" when it's router. Which is just weird.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I generally pronounce it to rhyme with "out"

The one exception is "Route 66", because of the song

• To me, "route" and "root" are homonyms
  • edited 2014-02-03 08:58:45
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch

I've heard people argue that it's "boot" when it's route but "rout" when it's router. Which is just weird.

That seems logical to me, actually, since that's the normal American pronunciation of 'router', and the term originates there.  You wouldn't talk about computer programmes or floppy discs, would you?

It's interesting how some people pronounce 'route' one way and some people pronounce it the other... as far as i can tell it's not entirely a regional thing.