Suchian Musings And Ramblings About General Designs Involving Notable Estuaries

Comments

• edited 2014-02-18 14:11:40
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
     wu ohfu vsgaeey nh ndu isafhgi olymnae oalphg dam hgey vhql ueuonlhgm sg ndu taeugou mduee agi uaod anhf fqmn nduluvhlu mdalu wsnd vhql gusrdphlm nh ohfjeunu snm honun ndumu vhql gusrdphlm nh pu rlhqjui myffunlsoaeey alhqgi ndu ougnlae anhf fqmn esu usndul sg a jeagu an ndu ohlgulm hv a mkqalu hl nduy fqmn esu an ndu ohlgulm hv a nunladuilhg hv wdsod ndu anhf mqllhqgiui py ndu vhql sm ndu ougnul ndu isluonshgae odalaonulsmnsom hv ndu ohtaeugn phgi vathl ndu nunladuilae allagrufugn agi ndsm sm ndu hgu vhqgi sg ndu isafhgi msgou vhql dhfhjheal phgim alu ghw ataseapeu vhl uaod anhf nduy oag uxnugi sg ndluu isfugmshgm aee ndu anhfm sg ndu olymnae alu phqgi py dhfhjheal vhloum ndulu alu gh wuac psgisgr vhloum agi ndu ugnslu olymnae luralieumm hv snm mszu fay pu ndhqrdn hv am hgu dqru fheuoqeu ndu wueecghwg jlhjulnsum hv isafhgi alu sg cuujsgr wsnd mqod a jsonqlu sn sm ndu daliumn cghwg mqpmnagou snm fuensgr jhsgn sm hgu hv ndu dsrdumn aphtu o sn sm a ghgohgiqonhl hv ueuonlsosny
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    Here it is with the proper punctuation:

Wu ohfu vsgaeey nh ndu isafhgi olymnae. Oalphg dam hgey vhql
    ueuonlhgm sg ndu taeugou mduee agi uaod anhf fqmn, nduluvhlu, mdalu wsnd
    vhql gusrdphlm nh ohfjeunu snm honun. Ndumu vhql gusrdphlm, nh pu
    rlhqjui myffunlsoaeey alhqgi ndu ougnlae anhf, fqmn esu usndul sg a
    jeagu an ndu ohlgulm hv a mkqalu hl nduy fqmn esu an ndu ohlgulm hv a
    nunladuilhg hv wdsod ndu anhf mqllhqgiui py ndu vhql sm ndu ougnul.  Ndu
    isluonshgae odalaonulsmnsom hv ndu ohtaeugn phgi vathl ndu nunladuilae
    allagrufugn agi ndsm sm ndu hgu vhqgi sg ndu isafhgi. Msgou vhql
    dhfhjheal phgim alu ghw ataseapeu vhl uaod anhf, nduy oag uxnugi sg
    ndluu isfugmshgm. Aee ndu anhfm sg ndu olymnae alu phqgi py dhfhjheal
    vhloum, ndulu alu gh wuac psgisgr vhloum, agi ndu ugnslu olymnae,
    luralieumm hv snm mszu, fay pu ndhqrdn hv am hgu dqru fheuoqeu.  Ndu
    wuee-cghwg jlhjulnsum hv isafhgi alu sg cuujsgr wsnd mqod a jsonqlu. Sn
    sm ndu daliumn cghwg mqpmnagou; snm fuensgr jhsgn sm hgu hv ndu dsrdumn
    (aphtu 30000° o); sn sm a ghgohgiqonhl hv ueuonlsosny.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Solved it! *happy dance*

Spoiler:
    We come finally to the diamond crystal. Carbon has only four electrons in the valence shell and each atom must, therefore, share with four neighbors to complete its octet. These four neighbors, to be grouped symmetrically around the central atom, must lie either in a plane at the corners of a square or they must lie at the corners of a tetrahedron of which the atom surrounded by the four is the center. The directional characteristics of the covalent bond favor the tetrahedral arrangement and this is the one found in the diamond. Since four homopolar bonds are now available for each atom, they can extend in three dimensions. All the atoms in the crystal are bound by homopolar forces, there are no weak binding forces, and the entire crystal, regardless of its size, may be thought of as one huge molecule. The well-known properties of diamond are in keeping with such a picture. It is the hardest known substance; its melting point is one of the highest (about 30000° c); it is a nonconductor of electricity.
    (2015 self)
    Good job!

You get 30 Rozpoints!
    Thank you!
    (2015 self)
    The book from which that is a quote says at the beginning "all rights reserved."  and it also says stuff about how you can't duplicate, replicate, copy, reproduce any part of it without written consent from the publisher.  Or represent any part of it.
    I'm so sorry, we're both going to the inescapable jail from which none can ever return.
    Ah jeez.

See you in prison, then.
    (2015 self)
    Don't worry, we just need written consent from the publisher! Or, we wait until the book is public domain.
    (2015 self)
    Oh, wait, you're soverign mayor of Bookerstead and I'm konungr of Rozburg.  What authority does anyone have over us?

TAKE THAT, ALL THAT IS GOOD AND HOLY.
    Mayors are, all else being equal, still answerable to the law of the land, and i am a citizen and resident of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

You're safe.
  • edited 2014-02-21 13:08:00
    (2015 self)
    On second thought, you know what's awesome?

Box turtles!
    (2015 self)
    <span class="chunk hl-id-82755025" id="chunk70000" paranum="7" node="70000" wrapper="0" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;">One&nbsp;<span class="chunk" id="chunk70001" paranum="7" node="70001" wrapper="1" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;">of&nbsp;</span><span class="chunk" id="chunk70002" paranum="7" node="70002" wrapper="2" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;">the&nbsp;</span><span class="chunk" id="chunk70003" paranum="7" node="70003" wrapper="3" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;">consequences&nbsp;</span><span class="chunk" id="chunk70004" paranum="7" node="70004" wrapper="4" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;">of&nbsp;</span><span class="chunk" id="chunk70005" paranum="7" node="70005" wrapper="5" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;">shifting&nbsp;</span><span class="chunk" id="chunk70006" paranum="7" node="70006" wrapper="6" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;">from&nbsp;<span class="emphasis" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;"><span class="chunk" id="chunk70007" paranum="7" node="70007" wrapper="7" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;">moral&nbsp;</span><span class="chunk" id="chunk70008" paranum="7" node="70008" wrapper="8" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;">absolutes</span></span><span class="chunk" id="chunk70009" paranum="7" node="70009" wrapper="9" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;">&nbsp;to&nbsp;</span><span class="emphasis" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;"><span class="chunk" id="chunk70010" paranum="7" node="70010" wrapper="10" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;">moral</span><span class="chunk" id="chunk70011" paranum="7" node="70011" wrapper="11" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;">relativism</span></span><span class="chunk" id="chunk70012" paranum="7" node="70012" wrapper="12" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;">&nbsp;in&nbsp;</span><span class="chunk" id="chunk70013" paranum="7" node="70013" wrapper="13" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;">public&nbsp;</span><span class="chunk" id="chunk70014" paranum="7" node="70014" wrapper="14" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;">policy&nbsp;</span><span class="chunk" id="chunk70015" paranum="7" node="70015" wrapper="15" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;">is&nbsp;</span><span class="chunk" id="chunk70016" paranum="7" node="70016" wrapper="16" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;">that&nbsp;</span><span class="chunk" id="chunk70017" paranum="7" node="70017" wrapper="17" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;">this&nbsp;</span><span class="chunk" id="chunk70018" paranum="7" node="70018" wrapper="18" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;">produces&nbsp;</span><span class="chunk" id="chunk70019" paranum="7" node="70019" wrapper="19" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;">a&nbsp;</span><span class="chunk" id="chunk70020" paranum="7" node="70020" wrapper="20" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;">corresponding&nbsp;</span><span class="chunk" id="chunk70021" paranum="7" node="70021" wrapper="21" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;">shift&nbsp;</span><span class="chunk" id="chunk70022" paranum="7" node="70022" wrapper="22" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;">of&nbsp;</span><span class="chunk" id="chunk70023" paranum="7" node="70023" wrapper="23" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;">emphasis&nbsp;</span><span class="chunk" id="chunk70024" paranum="7" node="70024" wrapper="24" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;">from&nbsp;</span><span class="emphasis" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;"><span class="chunk" id="chunk70025" paranum="7" node="70025" wrapper="25" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;">responsibilities</span></span><span class="chunk" id="chunk70026" paranum="7" node="70026" wrapper="26" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;">&nbsp;to&nbsp;</span><span class="emphasis" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;"><span class="chunk" id="chunk70027" paranum="7" node="70027" wrapper="27" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;">rights.</span></span><span class="chunk hl-id-82755025" id="chunk70028" paranum="7" node="70028" wrapper="28" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;">&nbsp;</span>
    (2015 self)
    I love this image: image
  • One of the consequences of shifting from moral absolutes to moralrelativism in public policy is that this produces corresponding shift of emphasis from responsibilities to rights. 
    (2015 self)
    Moral abs.

Sponsibilities.
    (2015 self)
    Helen Hollick has my same feelings on William of Normandy and Godwin's Brave Son.

She also hinted that she might go into alternate history at Hastings, she loves Harold so and hates William so.

Yesyesyes. I am so going to read those books! Maybe this time, Godwinson can win at Hastings!
    (2015 self)
    GMH has a Yarrun looking avatar.

Slightly disconcerting.

Potato.
  • I've noticed. 

It's been a while since I've seen one of those.

Oddly enough, I associate them pretty strongly with Chagen. I'm pretty sure he and I were among the last stragglers of that craze.
    (2015 self)
    Did they ever come up with a name for Pangea I that was less easily confused with the Pangea that everyone is familiar with?
    (2015 self)
    I don't like the
    (2015 self)
    HEY KIDS!

FINISH THAT SENTENCE!
    i was going to finish the sentence but then

and i just
    (2015 self)
    (2015 self)
    Spoiler:

(2015 self)
    I love this gif

• edited 2014-03-01 16:47:28
    (2015 self)

• edited 2014-03-01 21:19:02
    (2015 self)
    Google uh2h2mm2GB2d2DG2BC2CV2dB2GB

With the 2 replaced by spaces.

Google 246ji531mii3375hm8 without the numbers.
    (2015 self)
    I don't care what anybody says, today is the best day.
  • edited 2014-03-04 17:43:33
    (2015 self)

HAPPY

BIRTH

DAY,

MYR!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MYR!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MYR!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MYR!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MYR!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MYR!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MYR!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MYR!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MYR!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MYR!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MYR!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MYR!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MYR!

(2015 self)
    nuny2bybyvygtcy without the two

Has no hits on google..
    (2015 self)
    Is it wrong for me to write fanfiction about Barber Street,  Commerce, Jackson, Geogia in 1939?

Will the Crocker Family be offended?
    (2015 self)
    It appears that the secret base of operations for the Reformers was... in 

the

ATTIC!

Oh noes!  Nobody thought to look there!

Other possible locations include:  Under the bed, in the closet, and in the shower (a place I would never look).
    (2015 self)
    ... --- --..--   - .... .. ...   .-- .... --- .-.. .   .-..-. ... .-.. ..- - -....- ... .... .- -- .. -. --. .-..-.   - .... .. -. --. .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.- -- -.--   .-. . .-.. .. --. .. --- -.   -.--.- .- -. -..   - .... .   -.-. ..- .-.. - ..- .-. .   ..   --. .-. . .--   ..- .--. -.--.-   .. -.   - . .- -.-. .... . ...   ..-. .. -.. . .-.. .. - -.--   .- -. -..   -- --- -. --- --. .- -- -.--   .- ...   ...- .. .-. - ..- . ... --..--   .- -. -..   - .... .   .-.. .- -.-. -.-   --- ..-.   ... ..- -.-. ....   .- ...   ...- .. -.-. . ...   -.--.- --- .-.   .- ...   ... .... .- -- . ..-. ..- .-..   - .... .. -. --. ... -.--.- .-.-.- -. --- .--   ..   .- --   .- ..-. .-. .- .. -..   - ---   . -..- .--. .-. . ... ...   ... ..- -.-. ....   ...- .. . .-- ...   --- -. .-.. .. -. .   ..-. --- .-.   ..-. . .- .-.   --- ..-.   -... . .. -. --.   .-   -... .. --. --- - .-.-.-     . ... ... . -. - .. .- .-.. .-.. -.-- --..--   .-..-. ... .-.. ..- - -....- ... .... .- -- .. -. --. .-..-.   .... .- ...   -... . . -.   -- .- -.. .   ... .... .- -- . ..-. ..- .-..   .. -.   ... ..- -.-. ....   .-   .-- .- -.--   .- ...   - ---   ... - .. --. -- .- - .. --.. .   .. -   .- -. -..   -- .- -.- .   .--. . --- .--. .-.. .   ..-. . . .-..   .- ..-. .-. .- .. -..   - ---   . -..- .--. .-. . ... ...   ... ..- -.-. .... .-.-.- - .... .. ...   .. ...   .... .   --- -. .-.. -.--   - .. -- .   ..   .-- .. .-.. .-..   -... .-. .. -. --.   - .... .. ...   ... ..- -... .--- . -.-. -   ..- .--.   --- ..-.   -- -.--   --- .-- -.   ...- --- .-.. .. - .. --- -. .-.-.-     ..   .- .--. --- .-.. --- --. .. --.. .   ..-. --- .-.   - .... .. ...   .--. --- ... - .-.-.- .
    (2015 self)
    Effigia!

(2015 self)
    Prestosuchus s nice but aq tease.
    (2015 self)
     remember this game rom when I was young.  I loved this level:

• edited 2014-03-15 17:18:40
    (2015 self)
    I love this song:

and this one:

• Aliroz said:

... --- --..--   - .... .. ...   .-- .... --- .-.. .   .-..-. ... .-.. ..- - -....- ... .... .- -- .. -. --. .-..-.   - .... .. -. --. .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.- -- -.--   .-. . .-.. .. --. .. --- -.   -.--.- .- -. -..   - .... .   -.-. ..- .-.. - ..- .-. .   ..   --. .-. . .--   ..- .--. -.--.-   .. -.   - . .- -.-. .... . ...   ..-. .. -.. . .-.. .. - -.--   .- -. -..   -- --- -. --- --. .- -- -.--   .- ...   ...- .. .-. - ..- . ... --..--   .- -. -..   - .... .   .-.. .- -.-. -.-   --- ..-.   ... ..- -.-. ....   .- ...   ...- .. -.-. . ...   -.--.- --- .-.   .- ...   ... .... .- -- . ..-. ..- .-..   - .... .. -. --. ... -.--.- .-.-.- -. --- .--   ..   .- --   .- ..-. .-. .- .. -..   - ---   . -..- .--. .-. . ... ...   ... ..- -.-. ....   ...- .. . .-- ...   --- -. .-.. .. -. .   ..-. --- .-.   ..-. . .- .-.   --- ..-.   -... . .. -. --.   .-   -... .. --. --- - .-.-.-     . ... ... . -. - .. .- .-.. .-.. -.-- --..--   .-..-. ... .-.. ..- - -....- ... .... .- -- .. -. --. .-..-.   .... .- ...   -... . . -.   -- .- -.. .   ... .... .- -- . ..-. ..- .-..   .. -.   ... ..- -.-. ....   .-   .-- .- -.--   .- ...   - ---   ... - .. --. -- .- - .. --.. .   .. -   .- -. -..   -- .- -.- .   .--. . --- .--. .-.. .   ..-. . . .-..   .- ..-. .-. .- .. -..   - ---   . -..- .--. .-. . ... ...   ... ..- -.-. .... .-.-.- - .... .. ...   .. ...   .... .   --- -. .-.. -.--   - .. -- .   ..   .-- .. .-.. .-..   -... .-. .. -. --.   - .... .. ...   ... ..- -... .--- . -.-. -   ..- .--.   --- ..-.   -- -.--   --- .-- -.   ...- --- .-.. .. - .. --- -. .-.-.-     ..   .- .--. --- .-.. --- --. .. --.. .   ..-. --- .-.   - .... .. ...   .--. --- ... - .-.-.- .

I kind of have similar feelings on that subject.

I don't really have a solution to it either. 
    i wasn't going to comment since it doesn't seem like something you want to discuss, but i will say that the idea is not to excuse infidelity and i wouldn't like you to be left with that idea (open relationships are fine, but otherwise a betrayal of trust is still a betrayal of trust).  The idea is simply to discourage judging people on the basis of who they have sex with and how often.  It's a primarily feminist concern, since culturally women tend to be judged much more harshly than men for such things; secular culture often applauds men for sexual 'conquests'.
    (2015 self)
    On an unrelated note, it is a goshadarn shame that kids in elementary school are taught the names and order of the planets but not Bowen's Reaction Series or extrusive vs intrusive igneous rocks.

Granite, diorite, gabbro.  Rhyolite, andesite, basalt.
    (2015 self)
    I BRING YOU

(2015 self)
    Thank you guys so much.
    (2015 self)
    Homestuck:  8752 pages, 1648 days.
    5.2014563106796116504854368932038834951456 pages a day.

Oots:  946 pages, 3828 days (first posted September 25 2003)
    0.247126436781609195402298850574712643678160919540229885057 pages a day.

XKCD:  1343 pages, 3092 days.
    0.43434670116429495472186287192755498059508408796895213454075032341526520051746442432082794307891332470892626131953428201811125485122897800776196636481241914618369987063389391979301423027166882276843467011 pages a day.

Shlock Mercenary:  5028 comics, 5028 days.

1.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000comics a day.
  • edited 2014-03-19 12:33:39
    (2015 self)
    Goblins:  Life Through Their Eyes: 769 pages, 3188 days.

(counting to Yesterday)

0.241217063989962358845671267252195734002509410288582183186951066499372647427854454203262233375156838143036386449184441656210790464240903387703889585947302383939774153074027603513174404015056461731493099121706 pages a day. 

Lackadaisy Cats:  134 pages, 2800 days. 
    0.04785714285 pages a day.
  • Questionable Content: 2663 pages, 3880 days

0.686340206185567 pages per day, approximated.
    (2015 self)