Wendy's

edited 2012-01-26 17:04:27 in General
Better than Burger King in my humble opinion.

And Frosties! Or Frostys! Whatever it should be
Tagged:

Comments

• I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I last went to Wendy's earlier this month.

For some reason it was inexplicably terrible. They had also removed the metal fixtures by the desk.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Hm. I feel disillusioned now.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I'm from the city where Wendy's started! :D
    They had also removed the metal fixtures by the desk.
    You mean the railings that would have been, like, where people line up? 'Cause they did that at the one nearest us, too.
    The one I go to still has 'em.
    ^^Yeah, those.
  • Now I want a Frosty.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    I had Wendy's for dinner tonight, mainly because my parents were considering going to Olive Garden earlier for soup (it turns out they couldn't because there was a long wait) and I really wanted chili. I also had a Frosty, which I haven't had in a while. Still as good as ever. XD
    There being more than one variety of Frosty now is weird to me
    I got ahold of Wendy's 2012 business plan.

So far I have found nothing in it except boredom.
    ...I remember when the one nearest the house (by King Soopers) was just about to open. It has been open since 2004 or so, which feels like ages now
  • edited 2011-10-29 21:06:55
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I remember eating at the one nearest the house (by Kroger) when the house was still being built back in 1999.

My family had been out working on the landscaping at the house, then we turned on the sprinklers and went to Wendy's to eat. While we were eating, my mother was listing out our plans for the rest of the day, and she said "first we'll go home and turn off the sprinklers..."

This immediately stuck out to me, because it was the first time any of us had called the new house "home."
    ...I have vague memories of when my house was still having the final touches put on it; this would have been around 1997-early 1998.

It's weird.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    From the time work started on our house to the time we were ready to move in, my family would drive out here every week (from the other side of town) and check on the progress.

I remember walking up the stairs the first time. There were no walls yet, just the studs, so you could see straight down into the family room below and it scared the crap out of me.
    Had that same experience when I was a kid.

Had it in 1988. Because I am FUCKING OLD.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    Do Wendy's still do salad bars? I don't eat their very often on the account that I don't like their burgers.

Frosties are quite tasty, if memory serves 
    I don't recall ever seeing a Wendy's with a salad bar, but maybe it's just something they didn't do around here.

I remember a Wendy's in upstate New York that had one. This was like 18 years ago, because I am FUCKING OLD.

The Great Gatsby...I can't believe I liked that book.
  • I ate there a week ago. The burger was okay. The fries were better than I remember. I didn't get a frosty because I didn't feel like it. 
  • I love Wendy's new fries. Then again I've always 8een fond of the natural cut skin on fries in general.
    They're OK. No real preference.

I ate there last night. Somewhat chaotic. Details can be found in the Trash Heap thread if you cared.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    Wendy's utterly failed to launch in my country

Someone was scared that the square corners of Wendy's burgers would get stuck in people's throats. /nannystate 

;P
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    :P