"You are the only one making yourself mad"

edited 2011-10-07 12:29:59 in General
Using this as a valid way to address people being angry or frustrated pisses me off.

Sure there is some truth in it when it comes to people trying to intentionally piss you off, and letting yourself get angry is meaning that you are losing self control and giving them control, and that not getting angry means they get bored, but...

what about the assholes who annoy you solely because others think it's funny? They don't give a shit if you aren't reacting. If their audience is, then they are NOT GOING TO STOP.

Not only that, when they go "I'm not being annoying, you are just letting yourself get annoyed and angry, learn some self control" as a way to continue this shitheaded behavior is like _______.

It shouldn't work to the benefit of the shitheads to use this line to justify them annoying and harassing you, sexual or otherwise.

Comments

• I also hate when ever people say "I'm not annoying" or "How am I annoying you?" It doesn't matter if you don't think you are doing anything annoying!
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    It's a particularly bad redirect considering it could be used on anything...Situation in the middle east with lots of people killing each other?  "You are the only one making yourself mad."