October is a great month.

edited 2012-01-26 16:44:59 in General
It would suck if I were banned for loving this month.

Comments

• I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    ...for how long?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I think she just wants to do it long enough to see if it's possible to post that way.
  • edited 2011-10-06 02:59:05
    Pizza Dog
    Don't ban me for loving october!
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Ok, I'll do it. I'll change it back as soon as you post or (if it doesn't work) in 5 minutes.
    Done.
  • edited 2011-10-06 02:59:18
    Pizza Dog
    ~Is slain~
  • edited 2011-10-06 02:59:27
    Pizza Dog
    ~Is a zombie now~
    Yep. There you are.

Removing "Banned" now.
  • edited 2011-10-06 03:00:17
    Pizza Dog
    I live again!

• edited 2011-10-06 03:01:16
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    >every post has been edited to make us look bad

ಠ_ಠ
    I'm laughing like an idiot now.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    What

the

fuck

happened

here
    She wanted to see if she could be in the "Banned" and "Member" roles simultaneously.

Member overrides Banned.
  • That's really all there is I can say on the matter.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    Many of the people I know have Birthdays in October. 

I've always liked Halloween and still like to at least hit a restaurant on that day to see if people have dressed up. 
    I like Halloween, though Mother does not.
  • edited 2011-10-23 02:59:18
    BEEFCAKE
    I love the colder part of the year... There's nothing quite like snuggling in the warmth of your duvet, a warm drink in hand and a good hobby in tow.  

On a side note, as a person from England who has lived in the US for going on 3yrs, I must say I struggle with the Halloween celebration.  Shouldn't it be called "Paedos' kiddy free-for-all" rather than Halloween?

Yeah...my manager's wife got their daughter a cheerleader's outfit.

He made his wife add some inches to the skirt before he let his daughter trick-or-treat.

Can't say I blame him.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Are kids usually supervised by their parents while trick or treating?  That seems like it would be important, for safety reasons.

Back in England I got the impression it was little more than an excuse for minor acts of vandalism.  Worst festival ever.

My parents certainly kept an eye on my brother and I the first many times we went out.
  • Well it's certainly not celebrated to the extent that it is in the USA.  I think we would only ever have candy on stand-by through fear of having our car or windows "egged".  But there's not nearly as much hype regarding Halloween.  I've never seen kids being supervised but then I can usually recognise them as our neighbours children when they knock on the door.  They really should be supervised though, lord knows whose door they could knock on....

How about "Please, rape my child-o-ween"?

Can we spare our daughter the "super-tough love" at least until she's a teen and you two can't get along to save your own lives?
    We were away once at Hallowe'en.  We never could get the egg stains off the side of the house after that.
  • I'm sorry they did that, it really is an annoyance.  I also hate having to get up to answer the door for rude little smart-asses.  Perhaps it is my own laziness that attributes to my dislike for Halloween.

Eh, I never minded getting up to drop a handful of candy into bags. Even when it was underprivileged children from Latino families that didn't have costumes... 

UNLESS those where privileged white children in AWESOME costumes...  
    I don't mind the nice kids, the ones who tend to be about 5 or 6, actually bother to dress up and are usually with their parents.  It's the older, brattier ones, who say "trick or treat" like it's an actual threat, that annoy me.

It only really arrived where I grew up fairly recently.  When I was young enough that I could have done it myself, trick or treating wasn't really a thing we did.  Hallowe'en was mostly celebrated by watching TV specials.

I remember watching the Doug Halloween special after some trick-or-treating. 

On further reflection, I'm not sure what the motive of the ghost was. To have a theme park ride and not have kids get lost and freak out in it, I guess...
  • edited 2011-10-23 04:02:15
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    I don't think I saw that.

Weirdly, no Hallowe'en specials that I saw as a kid spring to mind right now.

Not even The Great Pumpkin
    Ah!  Yes, yes, I did see that.

Though I mostly remember Peanuts for the comic strips.
  • edited 2011-10-23 04:26:22
    BEEFCAKE
    The Wizard of Oz 2: Return of Oz seemed like it should have been a Halloween special.  It even had a character who had a pumpkin for a head.  That film gave me the willies.

@Fourier, I agree about the older vs younger kids at the door.  Interestingly enough the only time I've ever celebrated Halloween was as an excuse to drink copious amounts of horror-themed alcoholic beverages in clubs.

Sadly, it was not this movie: image

It was this one:

I can't believe October is almost over already.

Everything since July or so seems to have just flown by, but this month especially so.
    You're right, it has gone quick.

NaNoWriMo looms.  Didn't anticipate being so busy IRL during it, so I might not participate this year.
  • I can't wait for it to be cold enough to put the fireplace on; giant marshmallows and chestnuts by the fire, yum yum.  I love those giant marshmallows you can only get over here.  God bless everything being bigger in the USA.

>:D