http://www.heapershangout.com/index.php?p=/

edited 2013-03-27 19:12:44 in Site Talk
The fact that you have to use index.php?p=/ in all your URLs bothers me.  Is there an actual technical issue behind this?  I thought there was a way to get PHP to use PATH_INFO.

Comments

• THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    No real technical issue; I just haven't enabled clean URLs yet.
  • Do you think you could do that soon?  Not using clean URLs bothers me in a half-irrational way.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    Lee is doing great and we should appreciate everything our abused tech slave does. :)
  • Oh, of course, I don't mean to be rude.  It's just one of those things that bothers me.
  • Why did I get the feeling that clicking on this thread would result in it breaking somehow?
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    You need infinite HTML loops to do that though. :D
  • edited 2013-03-28 01:26:40
    More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    Apparently putting $($); in the HTML source will crash everyone's browser! :D
  • Apparently putting $($); in the HTML source will crash everyone's browser! :D

Sounds like a jQuery bug.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”

Apparently putting $($); in the HTML source will crash everyone's browser! :D

So, I could name a topic that and...

Nah, don't think it would work. Alas, I almost had site-breaking superpowers.
  • Well, as I said, albeit obliquely, $($); is probably jQuery-based Javascript($ is the name given by jQuery to its object), so you'd presumably have to put it in a script of some kind, which if Vanilla isn't broken as fuck you'd have to do some really difficult shit to pull off in a post.