avenue_ebooks

edited 2013-03-25 17:55:26 in General
As in...that pregnancy guide that all the pregnant women I knew growing up in the '90s had a copy of?

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I think I'll take you up on that offer to talk, but not right now because it's sleeping time.
  • edited 2013-03-25 17:57:57
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    it's 4:22 am in East Tennessee
  • edited 2013-03-25 17:58:48
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Mother says when I was a baby she and Dad would take me in there and all the teenage girls who worked there thought I was the cutest thing ever.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Well that was phase two. Gotta start small with these transformations, you know?
    (I say "update" and not "renovation" because only the 2006 one could be considered a full renovation; prior to that the decor was changed every few years but the basic layout of the store and stuff remained the same.)
    > implying the staff are good role models
    For some reason my mind tries picturing that as a pog. As in, the little cardboard circles that were a fad in the early '90s.
    I blame Solstace; he linked it on IRC
    [Company Name]'s decision to use Bitstream Vera Sans in signage at their new Bluegrass Adventure amusement park was widely criticized, seeing as how humanist sans-serifs don't really scream "Kentucky."
    On one hand I'm gland I'm not in "power outages likely", though a power outage would give me a nice excuse to stay home under a nice warm blanket all day...
    YOU FOUND 50 CENTS ON THE SIDEWALK??
    You've reminded me that I haven't reblogged a PPG gif in over 24 hours.
    (I know I'm registered to vote, because otherwise I wouldn't have gotten jury duty)
    The Walgreens occupies what was once TGIF's parking lot.
  • it's 4:22 am in East Tennessee

You've reminded me that I haven't reblogged a PPG gif in over 24 hours.
    I remember these two.

I see Naneypeta is a thing now
    Also I just noticed "Saterday"
    I think when most people (aside from designers and type nerds, of course) say "Garamond" they mean Monotype Garamond, seeing as how that's the version included with a shitload of Microsoft products.
    MY SISTER IS SPENDING THE WEEKEND IN YOUR NECK OF THE WOODS
    All slogan proposals must be passed to the marketing team
    Meanwhile I'm sitting around looking up pictures of ponified Disney Princesses. Well, one Disney Princess at least.
    Nobody ever wants to be an earth pony...
    Never trust a person who only wears glasses some of the time
    Unrelatedly I think I'm becoming obsessed with Penn & Teller again
  • ^^ are you telling me i shouldn't trust Sailor Mercury?
    Ugh, I'm tired.
    The obvious solution is to make Secret of the Squid: Imi's Sister Edition and release that in some markets.
    also Swype doesn't recognize "buttercup" as a word, which annoys me for some reason
    Then it becomes an urban legend. People talk about "that one episode of My Little Pony that made people snap." The most obsessed fans make "recreations" of it based on vague descriptions given by people who "know someone who knows someone who knew someone who watched it." People start to doubt whether it existed at all, and eventually it is proclaimed a myth.
    So I find myself wanting to flesh out the backstory of the pro-spice/anti-spice debate that apparently happened in the Chef and Waiterman universe.
  • Then it becomes an urban legend. People talk about "that one episode of My Little Pony that made people snap." The most obsessed fans make "recreations" of it based on vague descriptions given by people who "know someone who knows someone who knew someone who watched it." People start to doubt whether it existed at all, and eventually it is proclaimed a myth.
    what is this in reference to?
    For some reason the tiny Kroger sign on the side of the building amuses me.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis

So I find myself wanting to flesh out the backstory of the pro-spice/anti-spice debate that apparently happened in the Chef and Waiterman universe.
    You should do this, yes.
  • Yeast, go to bread, you're fermenting.
  • ^Shush! My yeast is rising!
    I'm still wondering when we should do Trash Heap '80s Night.
    Ah. Apparently ß is done by tapping s and swiping upwards, as are other foreign or accented characters. Neat!
    (Scribblenauts isn't an exceptionally great game, but the creative "anything you can think of" aspect certainly makes it more fun than just moving your finger about on a touch screen.)
    New CA Marketplace exclusive: KWGN cheese bites!
    Sonny Dial's exact wording ("Last night was Daylight Savings") is just ambiguous enough that one could argue it's not incorrect, but it's definitely misleading.
    Everypony knows the Atari 2600 is the BEST video game console.
    I want Anonus
    Have you eaten any baked BADS lately, Idler?
    Yay I'm talking about Christmas-related stuff in early November and nobody wants to drop-kick me
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis

Have you eaten any baked BADS lately, Idler?
    (Hint: I'm not being serious)
  • ^^ negative utility value
    My first was Ctrl+S, I think.