Makin' a Pokemon Fan Game

edited 2013-03-13 03:03:00 in General
So since the Pokemon project is kind of dead on IJBM, I decided to start my own

No new Pokemon will be in it

I'd be using RPGMaker XP with the Pokemon Essentials scripts. This allows a TON of freedom, but DOES have some issues. Such as almost no attacks having any animations. At all. So yeah

To do list:
-Create Hero Sprites
-Create Gym Leaders (all 17 of the fuckers)
--Create Gym Leader strategies (Yep. All are going to be pretty freaking hard if things go right)
-Create new tile sets
-Create all new sprites for the overworld
-Get somebody to do music
-Create attack sprites
-Create maps
-Create game
-If I feel particularly like being an ass to myself, then redesigning every Pokemon sprite

So anybody want to join? I'm making it under the Pseudonym Wild_Shiny_Eevee

Basic plot is:

That a competent evil team (GASP! SHOCK! THE HORROR!) has caught Celebi BEFORE you've even arrived in the region (MORE GASPS! MORE SHOCK! MORE HORROR!) and starts screwing with time. Due to this, there are THREE different maps with different Pokemon distributions. Normal happy go lucky Present that has a decent balance of trainers and Pokemon, Bad Present where there are more trainer to compensate for the fact that Pokemon are EXTREMELY hard to find (either all events or else in VERY well hidden or guarded grass/water/caves/etc.), and the Past has fewer trainers (less population) but an abundance of Pokemon.

As an example: Bad Present would have Mewtwo in a mechanized area. The Past, in the same exact spot, would have Mew in a nice peaceful glenn. Good Present would have a nice little park with some wild Pokemon (yes there would possibly be a certain point where you could freely travel between time lines)

Anyways, they are screwing with time in order to piss off Dialga (even though you could probably tell him that it's daylights saving season and he'd get royally pissed off on the spot). So yeah, you go stop them. At one point you fight on an exploding train! 8D

Level Distribution and badges will approximately be:

10 Rock
15 Bug (Past)
15 Normal (Past)
20 Flying (Past)

25 Poison
30 Fighting (Past)
35 Psychic
35 Steel

40 Grass (Past)
45 Water (Past)
45 Ground (Past)
50 Ice

50 Fire
50 Electric
60 Dark
60 Dragon (Past)

70 Evil Team Leader (Past)

75 Electric E4
75 Water E4
75 Fire E4
75 Normal R4

80 Champion

90 Ghost Leader (Any time period)

100 Red

Any situation where a gym shares the same level as another gym just means you can face those gyms in any order you desire

So yeah, anybody else want to join in? I have the heroes sketched out, some of the new tiles done, the plot figured out (obviously), a realization that this is no mere one man project, etc.

Comments