Anonus Watches Shasta McNasty

2»

Comments

• imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Understandable

i would also be distressed to appear on this programme
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    ICE BURN
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    ...and this shit lasted an entire season? How did they even keep sponsors long enough?

I mean, it's one thing to target 12-year-olds under the pretense of targeting young men--lots of stuff does that--but I get the impression even 12-year-olds would be insulted by this. @_@
  • Yeah, if iCarly has YouTube Poops made of it...and looks like many entire episodes of Shasta McNasty are on Youtube.

Someone really needs to alert the YTP community to this.

...and this shit lasted an entire season? How did they even keep sponsors long enough?

I mean, it's one thing to target 12-year-olds under the pretense of targeting young men--lots of stuff does that--but I get the impression even 12-year-olds would be insulted by this. @_@
    So do I...

Yeah, if iCarly has YouTube Poops made of it...and looks like many entire episodes of Shasta McNasty are on Youtube.

Someone really needs to alert the YTP community to this.

I wonder if the people on YouChewPoop would be interested...
  • ...and this shit lasted an entire season? How did they even keep sponsors long enough?

Like I said, off-brand cola.

• “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    From the tone of your descriptions, I think you're actually making this sound funnier than it is. That's... worrying.

Then again, your commentary itself is pretty funny.
    Thanks...

And the show really is a piece of shit.
  • Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
    Anonus

what the flying misogynistic fuck am I watching
    Although Shasta McNasty premiered with less-than-favorable reviews from critics,[1] the program was nominated for a People's Choice Award for best new comedy.[2]

best new comedy.[2]

best new comedy.[2]

What the actual fuck

Anonus

what the flying misogynistic fuck am I watching
    something that the Upchuck Poopoo Network probably greenlit due to being run by idiots
    Direct from IMDB

The best new show of the season, "Shasta Mc Nasty" may very well be one of the funniest sitcoms of recent years. I've always been a fan of Jake Busey and I think he has finally found his vehicle with this outrageous, undefinable instant classic, and the other cast members are equally fantastic.

Avoid this show at all costs if you are not looking for an over the top, irreverent romp that packs more laughs per minute than the best of the Marx Brothers' films, a comedy team which the Shasta boys resemble quite a bit.

I urge people to watch and support this show before it is too late, as I fear this film may be too outrageous and ahead of its time to survive on Network TV.

Yup, someone just compared this show to the Marx Brothers.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    How much do you think UPN paid the critic to write that?
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Gonna watch suffer through any more episodes, Anonus?
    just

this page

dear god i hate the internet

Gonna watch suffer through any more episodes, Anonus?

I don't know
    It's OK. Take some time to recover.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
  • Yeah, okay, UPN was kookoobananas in 1999, it seems, considering that they canned Home Movies and Dilbert, but this got a whole season

BRB wondering who was in charge there so I can go back in time and chastise them for these errors
    Dilbert got two seasons, but Home Movies was mercifully snapped up by Adult Swim and became one of its signature shows.

Dean Valentine was in charge of UPN at the time. He's made statements including criticism of other over-the-air networks for driving children to cable networks by airing bad children's programming (because UPN Kids had such a proud history) and that the network did not believe that WWF was violent (or sexist, but really, how is wrestling not violent?).
  • Oh my god

I watched the pilot and a couple of the gags were good but oh my god
  • TreTre
    edited 2015-06-22 04:09:00
    I laughed at the record label getting turned into a Baskin Robbins and the scene where Scott got his ass kicked by the parrot (the latter more because of how outlandish it was more than anything else) but the rest was vapid, misogynistic, racist, cringeworthy and overall just very unpleasant to watch.

It's a sin that this lasted for longer than its pilot. I don't know if I've ever needed to use the phrase "aggressively douchey" to describe anything before but here we are.
    You ever gonna continue with this, Anonus?
  • why do you want me to watch more of this shit
    schadenfreude
  • I'm tempted to continue just for the sake of seeing how far into the run I can get before I crack and can't handle it anymore.

But then again, I do actually value my own well-being, so I don't know if I'm gonna follow through with that.
    I like to call this network this show aired on "The Urinal".

Why?

Because You Pee In.