I think I feel another bout of depression coming on.

edited 2011-09-27 14:21:25 in General
I usually don't like the concept of whining about emotional problems at the internet and receiving generic "Aw that sucks hang in there"s in response, but I guess if I feel like bitching, why the fuck not.

You guys must sometimes feel down for no reason, right? What do you usually do about it?

Comments

• READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    Random internet shenanigans (researching others' shenanigans , mostly) do sometimes help. I tend to avoid TV Tropes while I'm in a bad mood or sleep deprived. OTC often just makes me feel worse.

Music often helps...

Oddly enough, I DON'T drink when I feel depressed. It only really have the urge to drink when I'm in a good mood.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    When I feel depressed I am generally evasive of anything remotely social.
  • People's aversion to discussing their real life on the internet out of the whole rejection of stranger's input I always thought was petty and sad.

People who go "I don't like people knowing about my problems because they won't give me the input I want" annoy me a bit, mostly because it's no different than the real life. People are going to laugh your problems off and edgify themselves with schadenfreude on the internet AND in real life. Your problems are as petty and dreary as they are on the internet. The thing people have to do is understand venting needs no commentary, only observance. The main reason people vent is because they want others to know their anguishes. Commentary, however, is inevitable, although you can learn to know that they don't know you, so anything the internet people say has little weight.

On that note, I do have repressed sexual feelings for one of my cousins. I feel comfortable telling you people that in the same manner that I tell Post Secret that. Because as long as you don't know who I am, it will make me feel better that people know that and I could get it out somehow.
  • It's 4:20 somewhere.
    I guess I don't really have a very good response to that.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Not saying that to be mean mind you, I am just saying that because I am disappointed in the methods of acquiring empathy and acknowledgement in the fashion of discussion of melancholic emotions revolving around a series of centralized electronic signals sent through wires and receptors.
  • ~*tasteless*~
    大學的年同性戀毛皮

aaaaa
    I typically just pretend I'm happy until I actually become happy. That, or wait for one of my friends to talk me out of jumping in front of a speeding truck, whichever comes first. ^_+

"I typically just pretend I'm happy until I actually become happy. "

Pascal's Wager strikes again!
    Starting school put me in a much better mood. It's good to have things to do.

Earlier today I was feeling a twinge of pain in my head and I started getting paranoid wondering if there was a chance it was a tumor. Turns out it was nothing, which I guess I was pretty sure of, but was a huge relief. I was going through this whole hypothetical scenario thinking about my mortality and all the things I have left to do. It's very comforting that I get still get to take my time to care about the little things that don't really matter very much.
    I guess I'll make this my bitching thread.

I might be being a bit of a wuss here, but I hate how one negative social interaction puts you in a bad mood after a lot of time otherwise spent doing something fun.

I was playing Magic, and the last guy I went up against didn't have much patience for how slowly I was playing (which caused the match to go to a draw). I know I play the game slowly, but... I don't know. Even if the guy was being obnoxious, it doesn't feel good knowing that the way I play causes people to have less fun, and it just makes me feel kind of stupid not being able to make decent decisions quickly.
    Pah. Still sad.

I wish I wasn't this emotional of a person. I guess I'm not exceptionally so, but it just doesn't seem right that taking care of yourself doesn't help very much. Well, come to think of it I guess exercise would help.
  • edited 2011-10-01 06:15:02
    READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

Where you playing in a tournament or draft? Cause those can be fun, but there is ALWAYS a bunch of obnoxious, inpatient, too serious, bad social skilled people amongst a generally decent populace. 

I've played against douche bags. My WIFE has played against douche bags. The person not enjoying the game because you where taking your time to not make a mistake is not a reflection of you, it's a reflection on THAT person and how THEY need to chill the fuck out and learn to enjoy the game.
    Well, it was a draft.

I understand that there are jerks in the hobby, it's just that I don't have the experience/confidence to know when they happen to be in the right.
  • edited 2011-10-01 06:30:47
    READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

"Is the person you're playing going too slow?" --> Yes --> "You're a douche bag, chill out."
       |
       V
           No
     |
     V
    "Good times."
  • I'm trying to stop talking about my problems on the internet because I've learned from experience that no one, at all, gives a shit.
  • I'm sensing a pattern here...
  • Trust me, when it comes to me, patterns aren't really necessary.

But if you want my opinion about problems and depression, I'll tell you this, unless you're willing to diverge your entire life so people can root out what the core-problem is, we really can't help you like some people in Meat-space can.

>Therapists.

>Your friends and family.

>Etc.

The only thing we can offer is a form of moral support, you can either take this or not.
  • Wow, she speaks.

Yeah, well, I know that now. I've recently decided to take the first option.
  • And it's not really about helping. It's just about listening. That's what people don't want to do.
  • You're getting therapy? that's good, so am I.

and if you want, I'll listen, just... I'm probably not exactly qualified to diagnose problems and help you through them like people who have been to school and trained for this kind of stuff :p

But I will read your words and be like "oh, you're feeling bad because X person is a twat"

I will even offer kind words like "Don't like X person make you feel bad, Etc etc"

Will that be alright?
  • I'd love that, but...you would regret it.
  • I regret a lot of things in life...

How I acted at certain situations.

Opportunities I missed.

I don't particularly regret trying to help people, even if the end result is a game of tag between the Sun and the Moon.
  • Bad idea, man.

I think it's OK to share your problems with people online, especially if you're part of a community that probably does care and does what to help.

Obviously, that's not where one's attempt to help themselves should end, but I wouldn't say it's a bad thing. Just stick with communities you know will attempt to help.
  • You can always talk to me.