I Read That As: Trash Heap Edition

Comments

• I keep misreading "Penis Inspection Day".

So far I have "Pickle Inspector Day", "Pilot Inspektor Day", "Pants Inspection Day" and "Pies Inspection Day".
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    I just read "BOW DOWN TO YOUR PRINCESS" as "BOW DOWN TO YOUR HIGHNESS." I'm not sure how bowing down to yourself would work, but okay.

Wow, my brain is running a little bit off-kilter today.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    PICKLE INSPECTOR DAY!

• edited 2012-02-21 21:49:39
    ~*tasteless*~
    大學的年同性戀毛皮

aaaaa
    I'll murdalize him! --> I'll sodomize him!

The thought of Justice sodomizing a mustard-blooded bipolar thirteen year old alien boy is both disturbing and terrifying.

And hilarious.
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    ITT: The pop charts ten years ago today --> ITT: The pop charts go rolling by

Yeah, I have no idea.
  • Living tissue over endoskeleton.
    Letting the charts roll by

Let the singles go radio

Letting the charts roll by

Hits blasting stereo

Going to number one, again

Let the singles go radio
    SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE, SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE, SHAKE YOUR SENSA, SHAKE YOUR SENSAAAAA

as SNAKE SNAKE SNAKE etc.

[/reptile fanboy]

"AND THEN YARRUN STARTED A POETRY THREAD" = "
    AND THEN YARRUN STARTED A PONY THREAD"
  • Havenpun Appreciation Thread --> Harlequin Appreciation Thread

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    BOW DOWN TO YOUR PRINCESS" as "BOW DOWN TO YOUR HIGHNESS.

Isn't that kinda the same thing?
    If you happened to be using "Your Highness" to refer to yourself, then yes it would. I haven't anyone actually do that, though.
  • "Futret" as "Furret"

Too much Pokemon?
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Never enough Pokemon.
    ^^Same here. Also agreeing with Fossilmaiden.

Just now, "Deep in the shadowy recesses of insomnia" as "Deep in the shadowy recesses of ammonia"

Doublepost necro ahoy!

Not here, but in something I posted on a chat with a friend.

"I was thinking of walking the dogs in a bit." --> "I was thinking of walking the dragons in a bit."

Somehow, probably because it's semi-early and I've been taking care of a baby for an hour and a half, I read "The Trash Heap of the TV Tropes Forum." as "The Trash Heap of the Vriska Forum"
  • I approve of that misread.
  • ReDeads love to dance --> Redheads love to dance
  • And now I just read "...if the ambiance just wasn't there" as "...if the ambulance just wasn't there".
  • i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind
    "today I witnessed a murder" + "ReDeads love to dance" = "Today I was told to dance"
  • "The Human Rabies strain thing has struck!" as "The Human Babies strain thing has struck!"

• edited 2012-04-11 00:08:25
    READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

"I weighed them once in a sweet shop" as "I weighed them once in a sweat shop".

• "I am the goddamn Maharaja of this place" --> "I am the goddamn Magikarp of this place"

wut
  • edited 2012-05-05 14:03:21

Magikarp, use your Hyper Beam attack!

Wait, what do you mean you don't know Hyper Beam?
  • "Skype is originally from Estonia" --> "Snape is originally from Estonia"
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Brita Water Filter --> Brain Water Filter
    On a similar note,

Brita Water Filter --> Britain Water Filter
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    I read "derbstep" as "DERPstep". I wonder how that would even work!

d-d-d-d-d-derp the bass
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Bwahahaha. XD

d-d-d-d-d-derp the bass

Ezekiel 7:7

English Standard Version (ESV)

Your doom has come to you, O inhabitant of the land. The time has come; the day is near, a day of tumult, and not of joyful shouting on the mountains.

Who wants to guess what word I misread the first go-round? 

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Ah, the infamous tumult = tumut
    Everyone here will be making that misread frequently for a very long time, I suspect.

"Grade A large white brown eggs" --> "Grade A large white-brown eggs"

I wonder what kind of color that's supposed to be?
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

d-d-d-d-d-derp the bass

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • "So, Azusa..." --> "So, Azula..."

Long ago, the Heapers' Hangout lived in harmony. Then everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked.

Vriska said:

"So, Azusa..." --> "So, Azula..."

Long ago, the Heapers' Hangout lived in harmony. Then everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked.

I'm glad it wasn't just me.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    "Futret" as "Furret"

Too much Pokemon?
    Futret is an old Scots word for "ferret," so you aren't too far off the mark.
  • edited 2012-07-26 14:34:42

"I'm a Zoroark" = I'm a Zorak.

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    The other day I read "Nancy" as "Naney"
  • edited 2012-07-29 23:42:10
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Time for an arithmetic lesson!

"Super Laezuli Throws Music At You"
    + "Stuff From Super Laezuli's Attic"
    = "Super Laezuli Throws Magic At You"
  • Justice42 said:

If I fall, he is Zorak. If he falls, she is Zorak. We are all Zorak.
  • Time for an arithmetic lesson!

"Super Laezuli Throws Music At You"
    + "Stuff From Super Laezuli's Attic"
    = "Super Laezuli Throws Magic At You"

You've discovered my secret.

Now I have to kill you.

• "squiddles likes 8radley Manning" --> "squiddles likes Milton 8radley"

I'm not sure how that happened other than me not 8eing completely awake yet.
  • edited 2012-07-30 13:59:18

Justice42 said:

If I fall, he is Zorak. If he falls, she is Zorak. We are all Zorak.
    Yeah, this is why I hang out with you guys. Only here will a sizable portion of the group come out with something like "Screw it! We're going to download and read this darker and edgier Space Ghost comic!"
  • "Long English Version" as "Lord English Version"