Misguided comic book adaptations

edited 2012-12-02 19:48:33 in General Media

Fresh crack from Cracked.

"Meanwhile, in issue No. 10, Han, Bucky, Space Don Quixote and all the rest go on to fight a dinosaur that shoots lasers from its forehead. By the way, Luke Skywalker barely appears in these issues. By No. 10, he doesn't appear at all, and Princess Leia shows up for exactly one page."

Sounds like a version of Star Wars King Friday would like.

But the best thing is inarguably Jack Kirby's version of 2001: A Space Odyssey where the Monolith helps a tribe invent the chariot and gives a machine sapience so it can fight the Hulk.

Tagged:

Comments

• READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    I think I remember hearing about Han's crazy adventures with a space rabbit.

The sad thing is, I'm sure there are worse things out there...

Ah, who am I kidding. I'll just say "Star Wars: Holiday Special" and be done with it.
  • Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.
    No, there's worse

Leia had a lightsaber duel with Vader. Before Empire Strikes Back. 
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    How did it end? She fare any better than Luke?
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Bummer.

Was that Splinter in the Mind's Eye?

I heard that sucked...

Didn't, like, the IDW comic adaptation of the Thunder Cats have the twins abducted by Mumra and turned into his sex slaves, or something?
  • "It is a matter of grave importance that Fairy tales should be respected.... Whosoever alters them to suit his own opinions, whatever they are, is guilty, to our thinking, of an act of presumption, and appropriates to himself what does not belong to him." -- Charles Dickens

^ Yes. Wilykat sitting on her heels in a slave bikini is all over that part of the article.

Oh, and Snarf saying he envies the dead.

• edited 2012-12-02 19:53:59
    READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

No, wait, I think it was Dreamwave.

Edit: Nope...

Damnit...I need to figure this out. Save me internet!

There was a comic of Jurassic Park.

Grant and the female lead from the movie team up to basically make all the mistakes of the first movie.

They brought the hunter who got his face chewed off by a Velociraptor. Apparently, getting tackled by what I can only assume is a several hundread pound dinsour and face getting chewed off was his was part of him "setting off traps."

Despite how it may sound, I think it was merely mediocre, not horrible per se.