She'll beat you if she's able 
You know the queen of hearts is always your best bet -Desperado The Eagles

All the Japanese with their yen 
The party boys call the Kremlin 
And the Chinese know (oh whey oh) 
They walk the line like Egyptian -Walk Like An Egyptian The Bangles

Tagged:

Comments

• Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.
    Odradek said:

I had some dreams, they were clouds in my coffee -You're So Vain Carly Simon

The last time this one was explained, it was to only 1 person and it cost $50,000
  • KJIKJI
    Yeah... yeah!!! hell yeah!!!
    The eternal struggle of life renders its own meaning fascicle and infantile through the use of irony in a non-conformist sense, which enables a certain emotional detachment from the reality of life that is inexplicable to those who have a form of mental trauma indicative of euphoric backlash.

The United States fears the spectre of Islam so much that it will form a cocoon of unreality that encapsulates those who are unable to comprehend the gray areas of a societal discordian method.
  • It costs $400,000 to explain this song for 12 seconds.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    The last one is a silly lyric about dance crazes sweeping the world; the first is about misery and post-breakup angst. The middle one is a betrayal metaphor, with a possible sideways nod to cartomancy.

Literalism is the best punchline.
  • KJIKJI
    Yeah... yeah!!! hell yeah!!!
    The best punchline is when, theres a line. And it punches you.
  • It's 4:20 somewhere.
    Maybe the clouds in her coffee refers to the white clouds you get when you first pour in the cream or milk. Maybe you could read it as a sort of juxtaposition to the vain man, as her ambitions are comparatively humble, but in spite of that they won't last.

This one seems pretty simple to me. Diamonds refers to wealth, hearts refers to love. You're going to have a better life if you live for people rather than for materialistic things. The fact that it's a queen might be more metaphorical and refer to a way of life in the same way the ocean or "lady luck" are considered to be women in some rhetoric, or it could actually refer to women. It'd make sense that a woman that loves you doesn't have as much motivation to defeat you as a woman who primarily wants wealth.

There's not much to be said about the last one. It's a lyric about a worldwide dance craze, like Sredni said. It's sort of like the ones in "Dancing in the Street".
  • edited 2012-09-22 16:57:21
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    ^^ That would hurt.

^ This is more right, by far.