Magic the Gathering

edited 2012-09-18 19:08:57 in General Media
I thought we had one of these, but I can't find it.

Let's start with M13 planeswalkers. With Ajani, Caller of the Pride, what does "The number of Cat tokens you put onto the battlefield is equal to your life total when the third ability resolves" mean? Say you have him on the battlefield with exactly 8 loyalty counters and also control something like Suture Priest. Will the -8 go infinite and thus you should sacrifice him, or will it not?

Comments

• edited 2012-09-18 19:18:32

We do have one of these, lemme find it...

Ok, did it get deleted or something? :/
  • Nah, it's still here. I'll go bump it.

(To answer your question, it means if you have 20 life, you get 20 cat tokens. Then after that ability's completely done happening, Suture Priest triggers once for each of them, and you end up with 40 life and 20 cats. And Ajani's in your graveyard before any of that happens, since removing those loyalty counters is the cost of that ability.)
  • edited 2012-09-18 19:45:19
    "It is a matter of grave importance that Fairy tales should be respected.... Whosoever alters them to suit his own opinions, whatever they are, is guilty, to our thinking, of an act of presumption, and appropriates to himself what does not belong to him." -- Charles Dickens
    Thanks. So having him be Lion Jesus and sacrifice himself to give life to cats isn't an automatic finisher. OTOH, if you have Faith's Reward in your hand and the mana to play it, you can sacrifice him at 8 and resurrect him at 4 on the same turn, along with all other permanents sent from the battlefield to your graveyard on that turn.
This discussion has been closed.