Super Mario Kart

edited 2012-09-02 20:24:04 in General Media
So, today was the 20th anniversary of the original Super Mario Kart on the SNES. In the U.S., anyway.

You don't care, but back in the day I played this more than all the other games all of you have ever played combined. So yeah, memories and stuff.

In this thread you can talk about Mario Kart, the series, whatever, do what thou wilt.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Much more than that, I'm sure.
  • Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.
    I like the ice stages the best because you could powerdrift like a motherfucker
  • edited 2012-09-01 22:25:01
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I could win every track with my eyes closed.
  • edited 2012-09-01 22:26:51
    It has a two-player mode, yes. My sister and I used to play it together a lot, actually.
  • edited 2012-09-01 22:29:30
    Sometime.
    It seemed really cool at the time. Not much like that out there, back then.
  • edited 2012-09-01 22:46:05
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Sounds about right. It was a little before Starfox did its 3D perspective thing.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    And Star Fox's 3D was only accomplished by including the Super FX coprocessor in the cartridge itself...
    Star Fox was 1993, yeah. The SNES alone just had Mode 7 which was also used in F-Zero, among other games.
  • Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.
    Mario Kart and Pilotwings both used the DSP-1 coprocessor to help handle the 2D to 3D stuff. F-Zero, I think, didn't use this coprocessor. The DSP-1 was chump change compared to the SuperFX though, which was a full-on RISC cpu. 
  • I'll admit. I wasn't too keen on the original Mario Kart. It was okay to me, I guess.
    Burn the blasphemer.

Or just let him have his opinion, I don't really care