Be gone, evil forces, my soul is mine and I am alive!

edited 2012-08-15 10:29:30 in General Media
Dark Souls is an upcoming action role-playing game from the developers who brought you Demon’s Souls, FromSoftware. Dark Souls will have many familiar features: A dark fantasy universe, tense dungeon crawling, fearsome enemy encounters and unique online interactions. Dark Souls is a spiritual successor to Demon’s, not a sequel. Prepare for a new, despair-inducing world, with a vast, fully-explorable horizon and vertically-oriented landforms. Prepare for a new, mysterious story, centered around the King’s Crowns and the original, now dying flame at the center of the world. But most of all, prepare to die. You will face countless murderous traps, countless darkly grotesque monsters and several gargantuan, supremely powerful demons and dragons. You must learn from death to persist through this unforgiving world. And you aren’t alone. Dark Souls allows the spirits of other players to show up in your world, so you can learn from their deaths and they can learn from yours. New to Dark Souls is Beacon Fire, where you can share the experiences of your adventure with the spirits of other players. Around the Beacon Fire, you may find the only warmth and calm that exists in this dark world. Beware: There is no place in Dark Souls that is truly safe. With days of game play and an even more punishing difficulty level, Dark Souls will be the most deeply challenging game you play this year. Can you live through a million deaths and earn your legacy?

You are thrust into the world of demons, where those humans with the Dark Ring are sent to succumb and transform into the living dead. Darkness reigns. The one original flame now nests in the core of this world, all but dead. The demons have conquered the immortal dragons and all across their world, lay the decrepit signs of their rule. Dark Souls carries on the dark fantasy themes that you love, but this is a new, open world; One that is vast, with seamlessly-connected dungeons. Whatever you can see, you’ll be able to reach and explore. Land formations are more complex and vertically-oriented, so prepare to travel and battle on the great heights of the world.

Prepare to die! You may get scorched alive or bludgeoned by a giant pendulum scythe or impaled by an arrow through the heart. The traps in Dark Souls are bound to kill you.You can connect to the online community and participate in the journeys of other real players. Watch the deaths of other players and learn from their mistakes. Find and leave messages, warning of perilous spots. New to Dark Souls, you can gather with other players at the Beacon Fire and share your trials and tribulations.

If you hope to ever reach the King’s Crowns, you must carefully equip yourself. Your success will depend upon your choice of armor, number of weapons, types of weapons and moves attached to the weapons you choose.There are many new types of weapons and armors in Dark Souls. Another addition to Dark Souls is strategic sword play, which will aid you in destroying the monsters and undead hordes that stand in your way.

You will face many unique, despair-inducing monsters. Survival means accepting you will die, learning from death and overcoming the ultimate challenge to reclaim your soul.The demons who rule this world gain their extraordinary power from the King’s Crowns. To retrieve the King’s Crowns and reach the flame of the world, you will have to face the White King Gwen and his knights, the witch Izarith and her evil daughters, the first dead, Nit, and the immortal and nameless shadow dwarves.

When you begin this adventure, you are soulless. You must emerge from the abyss to reclaim your soul in order to reach the land of the living. Make social connections, win games, find eggs and solve riddles—and increase your soul energy until you get your entire spiritual essence back. The gauge at the bottom of your dashboard numerically measures the amount of soul energy you have earned. Check your gauge each day to keep track of how much soul energy you have. Do your best to get your numbers high enough so you can say once and for all: Be gone, evil forces, my soul is mine and I am alive!

Tagged:

Comments