And to Think Charlotte Saw It on Mulberry Street

edited 2012-07-24 01:02:54 in Roleplay & Games
((started over because the previous thread wasn't very well planned out))

OH MY GOSH GUYS, you're never going to believe what happened the other day. I swear it's 100 percent true, or who knows, maybe even 106 percent true! None of this story is lies at all, and especially no exaggerations.

So anyway, Daddy and I were going to the park. Because that's a thing we do sometimes, especially in the summer. So we were walking up Pearl Road to head to the park over by the Wendy's, and guess who we ran into!

Er...who did we meet, again?

Comments

• I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    The Doctor?
  • Bow before your Queen, lowly mortals! Central Avenue’s eternal 8-year-old. [she/her]
    Yes, that's right, The Doctor. Wait, Doctor who? Oh, yes, Doctor Who, from that show my mom likes! He was there...and uh, Ms Teacherson was there too!

And Dr. Who was all like "Allons-y, Charlotte, wanna time travel with me?" and I was like "do we have to time travel? I'd rather Dairy Queen travel." And Ms. Teacherson was like "remember your food groups, Charlotte!" but that's okay because I pulled an apple out of my purse and ate it right there in front of that Ms. Teacherson! Yes, I did!

So I was like, "Dr. Who, will you take us to the Dairy Queen now that I've eaten my nutritious apple?" and Daddy was like "Charlotte, don't talk to strangers," and I was like "but he isn't a stranger, see, on account of he's with Ms. Teacherson and I know Ms. Teacherson very well, I would say!"

So Daddy and Dr. and Ms. Teacherson and I stepped into Dr. Who's blue box thing and he took us to Dairy Queen. But not Dairy Queen here in Cleveland. No, he took us to Dairy Queen in the city of...city of...

(Help me out, guys!)
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    Atlantis?
  • i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind

Ancient Heaperia!

Endsville!
  • I'm a loser. Also, Creeper. And a woman.
    Chicago
  • Newport, New Jersey

Hopefully all of you were intact when you got there and didn't lose any limbs

• Bow before your Queen, lowly mortals! Central Avenue’s eternal 8-year-old. [she/her]
    When you have a doctor who can time travel, why stop at just one Dairy Queen? We went on a Dairy Queen tour of everything-style!

First we went to Atlantis, but we can't breathe underwater, so we just went through the drive through. The ice cream was kinda wet.

Then we went to Anicent Heaperia, but retail outlets hadn't been invented yet, so we had to get our ice cream from a literal Queen. She was nice and she even gave me her crown! But I can't show it to you, on account of it's at the crown-polishing shop this week.

So then we went to Endsville...the less said about that, the better, more or less.

And we cut through Chicago and ate at a Dairy Queen there, before finally ending up at a really cool old Dairy Queen in Newport, New Jersey. Yes we did!

Unfortunnately, Dr. Who lost a limb (whatever that means) and had to go to the hospital, so he couldn't fly us around anymore. We were stuck there at the Dairy Queen, and also, it was the year...the year...

What year was it again?
  • i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind
    1955!
  • To be more specific it's October 19, the same day in which a young woman was having a baby named Trevor in NC.

But that's irrelevant... I think.
  • edited 2012-07-24 01:21:57

The time is 6:19 p.m.

I hope you bought him flowers or Charlotte. MAke sure you remember your manners young lady.
    We can't be in three years at once! I guess I'll just have to go with the first suggestion.

It was 1996. October 19, to be specific. According to the clock on the Windows 96 laptop the guy at the table next to us was using, it was 6:19 p.m.

So, like, we waited a couple hours, to see if Dr. Who would come back, but he didn't. So Daddy and I got up and left, but we didn't know where to go! We'd never even been to New Jersey before, let alone New Jersey back in the days of Tamagotchi and Spice Girls.

So we stopped in at a flower shop. I saw these really pretty roses, and I had a couple of dollars in my pocket, so I went up and bought them. Stuff was a lot cheaper in 1996, somehow.

Then we walked outside. There was a payphone--have you ever seen one of those? I haven't. Er, I mean, I hadn't until then. But I'm sure it looked like a phone that you put money into, somehow, and 16 years later Maroon 5 might sing about it or something.

Anyway, there's a guy at the payphone. I heard him talking to someone--I think it was his wife. She was down in North Carolina, having a baby named Trevor. The guy on the payphone was so sad he couldn't be there to see her...I felt bad for him, so I walked over and gave him my flowers.

He paused for a moment, then he turned to me and said...
    "Hello there, little girl. I'm scouting for talent for Nickelodeon! You wanna be a star?"
  • "These flowers are poor compensation for my emotional agony."
    "These flowers are poor compensation for my emotional agony," said the man, looking dejected. Then he saw my daddy standing next to me, still in his official uniform, and he got a bit nicer.

So he and my daddy talked for a bit, while I sat over on the curb humming "Winter Wrap-Up." After a while, Daddy came over and told me the man had something to share with me.

"Hello there, little girl. I'm scouting for talent for Nickelodeon! You wanna be a star?"

Well of course I'd have to be a big DUMMY to turn down an offer like that, so I jumped up and down and said YES YES YES, and before I knew it it was the next morning and I was on a plane to Nickeloden Studios in Orlando, Florida.

On the plane, I asked the man--who told me his name was Mr. Televiserson--what kind of show I'd be starring in. And he answered with the words...
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    "Which is better: the Spice Girls or Tamagotchi?"
    "Mortal Kombat: The Musical"
  • edited 2012-07-24 01:43:41
    "It will be like a combination of All That and Seinfeld except with more zoo animals"
    Homestuck: The Anime
    Mr. Televiserson answered with the words "Which is better: the Spice Girls or Tamagotchi?" Which was kinda weird, because it didn't really, like, answer my question. In fact, it's a question of its own. And it was a hard one, on account of I wasn't even, like, born until 2004, so I don't really know what either of those things were. But I know my mother was a pro-spice activist when she was younger, so I said "Spice Girls" and Mr. TV just nodded, okay.

So I asked again, what's this show going to be called? And this time he answered with the words "Mortal Kombat: The Musical" and I was like, okay, I know those words, but I'm not sure what it means, so I asked "well, what will the show be like?" and Mr. TV said "It will be like a combination of All That and Seinfeld except with more zoo animals."

And now I was more lost than ever, because I don't know what a Seinfeld is--I think it has something to do with bankruptcy law--but on the other hand, I like zoo animals so I just sorta nodded my head and said the words of "ok, thanks Mr. TV."

But then another question, like, entered my mind.

"What's my character's name, Mr. TV?"
  • edited 2012-07-24 01:51:51
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    "Jennifer Awsiplawsifoofersonginaldavis!"
  • edited 2012-07-24 01:51:22
    Bow before your Queen, lowly mortals! Central Avenue’s eternal 8-year-old. [she/her]
    ^^^ ((sorry, yours didn't make it in before I started writing...that might happen sometimes, apologies if it does))
    Hita
  • "Your character will be the sister of the main character and will have a catchphrase of your choosing."
  • edited 2012-07-24 01:56:14
    i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind

(no problem, i think. )

(OR IS IT???)

Charlotte Tamagotchi!

• edited 2012-07-24 01:58:47
    Bow before your Queen, lowly mortals! Central Avenue’s eternal 8-year-old. [she/her]
    "Jennifer Awsiplawsifoofersonginaldavis!" said Mr. TV. I asked him if I could shorten that to "Jenny A", but he said no, so my dad was like "how about Hita?" and Mr. TV was like no, so I just grumbled and said I wasn't going to go on the show unless I got to pick the character's name myself.

So that's why my character was now officially named Jenny A.

"Your character will be the sister of the main character and will have a catchphrase of your choosing." said Mr. TV some more. And I threw my water bottle at him and said I wanted to be the main character, but Daddy made an angry look at me and threatened to take me back to 2012 if I didn't behave myself missy, so I just sat down.

"Catchphrase of my choosing," I said. "Hmm...how about 'looks like a Jenny A day!'"

And both Daddy and Mr. TV said that was dumb.

And I agreed with them, to be honest.

Anyway, now we were in Orlando. It was Friday evening and Mr. TV told me that shooting didn't begin until next Tuesday, so he showed me to my trailer so I could practice the script. Only memorizing stuff is for squares, so Dad I went to do some fun things in Orlando.

But, um, what fun things did we do in Orlando? Refresh my memory, if you please.

^ (Ugh, it happened again...better luck next time?)

(THERE SHALL BE REPERCUSSIONS OF THE MOST SEVERE VARIETY)

went to disneyland! or disneyworld or whatever the one in florida is

Jumped 400 feet into the air and changed the color of the sky to red!
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Broke causality.
  • Found a place you knew you mother would visit in the future and left her a message.
  • Oh, and also you went to Dairy Queen.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.