when you get obsessed with something that sucks

Comments

• i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind

those are both my least favorite stores

they make me >:/

• ^Really? Above Walmart?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I haven't been in a Sears in years. What are they like these days? Are they as derpy as their corporate sibling?
  • i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind

Yes, even above Walmart.

they suck, they're horrible, and also i don't like them

• edited 2012-06-27 19:42:19
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    The Sears at the Town Center at Aurora isn't very derpy, as far as I can tell.

Last time I went there I wanted this garish Sonic the Hedgehog shirt that was unfortunately too small for me. I don't know why things like that still appeal to me.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    In real life, AU, you and I should each go to our local Sears And Also Roebuck store and take pictures. Then we can compare 'em!

In fantasy world, AU, you and I should buy Sears Holdings Corporations and make Kmart not suck ass.
  • edited 2012-06-27 19:49:15
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    For some reason I imagined tying Kmart in with ESPN during football seasons.

...now I'm thinking about trying to sway Hasbro into swaying MLP:FIM to do an episode where the ponies shop at Kmart. I imagine a lot of swipes at Hasbro within but MLP:FIM is not the kind of show to take swipes at anyone or anything.
  • you turn into one of those Angry Video Game nerd reviewers?
  • edited 2012-06-27 19:53:38
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    For some reason I imagine they have to go to the next town over to find a Pony Kmart, because this is Virginia or something.

...Would they buy any Craftsstallion brand tools?
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    I like Sears.

Not K-mart so much...or at all.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    No, they'd buy Craftsman brand tools, then they'd mug for the camera with big forced smiles.

Then they'd reach the Center of Kmart, so they'd do the obvious thing and build a giant drill and drill underground.
    But the Center of Kmart is much too dark, so Twilight casts a spell that bathes the place in Blue Light.
  • Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.
    To be fair, K-mart has improved a great deal sense their blowout and restructuring from the early 2000's. I'd also like to think that people are just getting so damn sick of Wal-Mart in general that they prefer the alternative.

Here in Lubbock we have two super wal-marts and one Big K. The Big K isn't as busy, but that's the draw for me. I like to go in and grab whatever I need and get out. Kind of hard to do that with the stereotypical "people of wal-mart" types clogging the aisles.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I bought some pants at Sears a few weeks ago. My apologies.
    I'm sure there are probably decent Kmarts out there, but honestly I really haven't seen one. The Kmart nearest the house--which, as far as I know, is the only one left on the east side--is in pretty bad shape. It hasn't been updated since the "Big K" era 15 years or so ago, and it has a very "run down" feel to it.

The best Kmart I went to was probably the one in Hilliard, Ohio. It was mostly clean and well-lit, and it was laid out in a way that made sense--unfortunately, it became a victim of their bankruptcy in the early 2000s, despite having been open less than a decade at the time.
  • Where I live K Marts are universally better than Wal Marts.

The only real exception is the incredibly fancy Wal Mart that opened on top of a small mountain recently. Shit's awesome.

• Wow, that's odd.

Also in other news I'm obsessed with 12 oz. Mouse even though it sucks (in the art department, anyway).
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Walmart can be pretty variable as well. The three (!) Supercenters near me are typically clean and well-stocked because they're either new builds or recent conversions, but the non-super Walmarts around here suuuuuuck. They finally pulled the trigger on the Potomac Mills Walmart and are converting it, which is good because the old one hadn't really been updated much since it opened in 1992.

All of our Kmarts suck, though. The old one on Dale Blvd is particularly nasty. The one in Springfield is better, but it's still Kmart. :P
  • edited 2012-06-28 02:41:16
    Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
    I like finding Arcades that have mediocre games with terrible voice acting. I find them to be tons of fun.

There's something deliciously awful about this game. The gameplay is meh, but you can't help but laugh at the terrible voice acting, and the game itself is incredibly silly. 90% of the enemies are clowns. Oh, and one of the bosses is a giant statue of Gulliver. Who flies around on rocket boosters and launches missiles at you.

It also amuses me that half the mechanics in this game are superfluous. There's a "precision shot mode" that supposedly lets you aim better, but it doesn't reduce the firing radius by that much, reduces your shots to manual firing, and is really only useful when you need to save hostages. Even then, you can probably do better with careful aim and small bursts. There's also ammo that is completely useless because ammo pickups are fucking everywhere and you'll likely never go below 700 unless you're deliberately trying to waste bullets.

The biggest problem I have with it is that it is quite easy for an arcade game, until you reach the final boss and waste dozens of quarters because of the massive difficulty spike.

Terrible voice acting, ridiculous premise and setting, mediocre gameplay, and overall tons of fun. =P
  • edited 2012-06-28 03:38:52
    :|
    I've been playing a lot of Kirby Super Star lately. It's very fun, like a proto-Super Smash Bros. The moves have more depth than in almost every other Kirby Game, every power is fun to use the part where you attack Meta Knight's ship is wall to wall awesome. :D