The New Swans Album

edited 2012-06-03 23:27:26 in General Media
Ver few people are going to care about this news or understand why in fuck's sake I'm excited, but this is worth posting about: Jarboe will be contributing to the new Swans album. So will Akron/Family, half of Low, Ben Frost, Karen O and the guitarist from Mercury Rev.

I made the most ludicrous squee noises when I first read this.

Comments

• 8D

Speaking of Jarboe....

^w^
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Thank you for feeding my nightmares, Inane. That is possibly the most insane that I have heard Jarboe sound since Anhedoniac. Listening to that made me picture her putting little nooses around the necks of china dolls and hanging them from attic rafters.

This album is going to be awesome.
  • ^ I found that album at my local library. It was like the weirdest fucking thing, there were like 3 copies on the shelf. I guess someone felt the need to spread the word.
    JHM said:

This album is going to be awesome.
    Indeed!!! :D
    ^ How bizarre, yet... there's something perversely poetic about it.

And now I'm listening to Burmese's Lun Yurn. I need more women armed with noise in my life.
    Reviving this topic because I'm purchasing tickets to see Swans in Philadelphia next month. Relevant materials:

"To Be Kind" (new song!) and "Avatar" (from The Seer)—Fonda Theatre, Los Angeles, 11 September.

"Coward" (from Holy Money, 1986)—Hawthorne Theater, Portland, Oregon, 8 September.

YES.
    So the last two Swans albums have indeed been fantastic.
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    You mean three. :P
    I mean, I'd heard The Seer by the time I last posted in this thread. But yes, they've all been pretty impressive. And I rather liked My Father, although it's not so strong as any of the albums that followed it.