Eelektross plays Chrono Trigger!

edited 2012-05-31 15:39:36 in Liveblogs
Alright, so Chrono Trigger is pretty much one of my favorite games ever. This liveblog details my umpteenth CT runthrough, and this time around I wanna share it with you guys.

So first things first: what should I name everybody? I'm taking names from other forms of media (mostly video games) because of reasons I don't feel like stating right now? Here's who I have now:

• Crono is Kirby
  • Lucca is Dr Light
  • Robo is X
  • Magus is Jack
Frog will probably be named after a Belmont and I still have no idea who Ayla or Marle will be. Suggestions?

Comments

• Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
    Name Marle "Ayla" and Ayla "Marle"

Because that's not confusing at all
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Hmm... I'd say go with Trevor for Frog (though if it's too awkward to try and fit in five letters, Simon might work better). And how about Yoshi for Ayla and Zelda for Marle?
  • Alright, Trevor as Frog. 
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Kirby just woke up.

Time to meet Dr Light at the fair.
  • But before that, let's go to the overworld!

OK, so talk to the right people and you get a whopping 1000 G! Definitely enough for all of your needs. (Protip: Don't buy Shelters. There's an easy way to get them for free and you can repeat it an infinite amount of times.) The mayor of Kirby's town is a nice dude who actively encourages people to break into his house Link-style and take all his stuff. Over at the forest are some weak-ass Mushrooms (useful for grinding at this level) and other monsters.

Visiting Dr. Light's house reveals a fuckload of books everywhere. What a gargantuan nerd. 

Cross over past some very, very beautiful scenery and go down to Porre! Unlike the mayor we just talked to, Porre's mayor is a gargantuan asshole. Snatch a Shelter from a chest on the upper floor, he can probably afford the loss.

Go down to the Snail Stop and check out the clientele. A cute little Kilwala plays one of two tracks: a sad ditty that plays when characters have painful flashbacks to their pasts, and Bike Chase, which plays during a fun little minigame.

You can leave Porre via a ferry that costs 10 G. If that price isn't low enough for you, you can debase yourself and squawk like a chicken for the mayor, who gives 10 G to you in exchange. Seriously, though, just freaking walk home. Lazy bastard.

• Dammit

I wanted to name Marle Nepeta so that I could imagine Kirby and Nepeta having all the WAFFs

but stupid character limit wouldn't let me.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I switched to the DS version because it lets you name your characters with six letters.

Here are the changes:

• I renamed Lucca Wily because it's more fun to imagine a somewhat-insane scientist interact with Kirby than it is to see a mild-mannered and goofy scientist do the same thing. 
    • Marle is now Feferi because they share very many personality traits. It's also fun to imagine the Chancellor as Eridan.
    • I named Frog Juste because Juste is also a Belmont and he can cast spells, which means that it still fits.
  • -HUGEASS POST COMING UP-