Morris Fuller Benton

edited 2012-05-26 22:49:23 in General

Comments

• READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    Hobo killed my family.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    ...that Franklin Gothic above is from the ITC version, I think.

I'm not sure what to think of that one; I associate its Heavy weight with the late '90s, but it does interest me as a chunkier version of the original.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    I actually kind of like Hobo, if only because that's the font Warner Bros. used for The Dukes of Hazzard's credits. :c
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Anonus said:

...that Franklin Gothic above is from the ITC version, I think.

Yes it is; I was lazy and grabbed the first one I saw, knowing only you would be able to tell the difference.
  • Ahh, so that's what the FB in Agency FB stood for.

Huh.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Hobo is all right. You are all Philistines.
    The "FB" in Agency FB is for Font Bureau.
  • That's so boring though.
    Font Bureau's not boring!
  • What other fonts do they distribute?
    Their most famous is Interstate, a more extensive version of the FHWA series fonts with a modified design. It was designed by Tobias Frere-Jones, who was at the company from 1993 to 1999 (though his Garage Gothic was released by FB in 1992).
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Sometimes I wonder if I would be as fond of Interstate as I am if it weren't tied so closely to one of my obsessive interests.
  • ^ I like Interstate and I'm not really into roads. It's easy on the eyes and isn't hard to read on a highway, so it serves its purpose, right?